Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally did something I should have done years ago. Installed a volquartsen trigger in my mark 2!

Wow, what a difference. I now have zero pretravel and it is in there so close to the edge it failed to reset twice (in 200 shots), had to push the trigger forward lightly on those.

All thanks to nutinfancy's video, though I will say that guessing at the postion for the adjustment screws and filling them fulla locktite right off is not the best suggestion ever. I am glad I ignored that, as getting them adjusted took me almost an hour after the gun was reassembled and that took about an hour as well.

On the downside, it is quite possible to fire the gun by accident now, so I missed a lot more than usual testing it out. Going to take some getting used to, but in a good way.

The work was not hard. Putting the sear back in was a bit intimidating because of the strange way the parts and frame and all interact, but the rest was simple.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Congrats!!! My MrkII has the best trigger out of all the pistols i own. bought it used, lookes brand new. Don't know what has been done to it. I really love shooting it!!!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive had it for ages, and its been great, but trying to refine my skills and finally reached a point where the 1/4 inch of pre-travel was an issue, so I put this in. It really is as good as a SA revolver now.

If yours has been modded with a kit tony, it will have set screws to adjust the trigger most likely. Most kits for most guns have these for fine tuning.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Good work on the pistola. Wife has a 4" standard MKII and that is all that she will shoot or use for anything. I keep a couple of stainless target models for everyone else to shoot. Everyone likes to shoot those guns when they come visit.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Congrats!

I recently put the VQ MK II hammer bushing in my MK III 22/45 and removed the mag safety. Just that small change made a big difference. I'd like to put a VQ trigger kit in mine next. One step at a time...

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its too bad the frame is the gun.... I wish I could get a new lower that allows for replacement grips. As it stands I have a wraparound hogue on it that has to come off every time I deep clean.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
its too bad the frame is the gun.... I wish I could get a new lower that allows for replacement grips. As it stands I have a wraparound hogue on it that has to come off every time I deep clean.
? huh? I thought the mkII's had just two flat slabs on them. I made simple wood replacement for mine.

Without exception, everyone who shoots it says "Wow, that's a nice gun". Those very words. The regularity is almost freaky.

Lop

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Something like this? You can remove it and install factory 2 piece grip panels.

To this:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
If the hawg rider is correct, I've got a pair of original grips, that though I don't want to give away, I'd be willing to lend, with a pair of blanks that I've not made into a set of grips. You could use the blanks and the orginals and make up a set real easily. Then, at your leisure, send me back my original grips.

Lop

1 - 11 of 11 Posts