Man, I am impressed with this ammo...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by litenlarry, Nov 19, 2010.

1. litenlarry

litenlarry Member

Sep 4, 2007
    MO, south of KC..
    I went to Cabelas yesterday and picked up 2 , 50 rd boxes of some Aguilla ammo..JHP...WOW, love it..No malfunction's on 36 rds..Accuracy , was right on...
    Cleaning the pistol, was a breeze..Very little residue..
    [​IMG]

2. Mike1234

Mike1234 New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Thanks for sharing. Price?

3. litenlarry

litenlarry Member

Sep 4, 2007
    MO, south of KC..
    $26.99 for a box of 50, BUT the $10 coupon with any purchase took the sting out.. ;)

4. bowtieracin

bowtieracin New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I havn't bought much .380 but that seems pricey? Idk

5. litenlarry

litenlarry Member

Sep 4, 2007
    MO, south of KC..

It is not your typical range ammo, but for a Jacketed Hollow Point rd ? I thought it was a good buy, with the coupon..Additionally, the accuracy, no hiccup's and the "less dirty " factor, is a positive...
    Some of the higher end SD ammo was way over $20 for a 20 or was it 25 rd a box ?...
    I am happy.. :)

6. pointpro

pointpro New Member

May 9, 2005
    Aguilla ammo in my eye's are well worth the mula in all cals.

7. jonnin

jonnin Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Jacketed hollowpoint means nothing. About 50% of the time, when I buy cheap ammo, it is hollowpoint. Right now, my cheap .40 cal ammo is all JHP and it was a box of 100 for peanuts, I forget the price but it was cheap. Most of my normal 9mm is also JHP and cheap.

I have not expansion tested any of it but I do not think this stuff (of mine) counts as self defense ammo and would only be used in a pinch -- as someone once said, your defense ammo is what is in your gun when you have to use it. At worst, its as good as ball ammo, who knows it may even expand now and then, or it may expand every time -- I have no clue as its just target ammo to me.

Not sure about this specific brand but the way you phrased it (" a jacketed hollow point round?") makes it seem like you value the hollow point bullet more than the primer, powder, quality control, etc. Defense rounds are a package of those things, not just the actual projectile. It costs a buck a round for a reason, and for 1 box of 25 once every 5 years or so, its money well spent.

8. litenlarry

litenlarry Member

Sep 4, 2007
    MO, south of KC..

WOW, you really let the wind out of my sail...NOT...For range use on all of my weapon's, I use FMJ or some odds and ends of some cycled carry ammo....
    That would be in my P-32, P3AT, PF9, S&W 908, Walther P38, S&W 642, S&W 686- 2 1/2", S&W 686- 4", S&W 629, Glock G22, Glock G23, Glock G32...Just to name a few.. ;)

I am aware of the Aquila product and it is a quality one...I was just expressing my satisifaction with the feeding , accuracy and the lack of powder residue...
    I trust all of my carry ammo and it is not cheap, with brand names like Winchester, Remington, Corbon , Aquila comes to mind...

Good luck with your cheap JHP's...

9. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I've heard good things about that brand of ammo but never really got a chance to try it in any of my guns. That price isn't bad for what it is; range and SD ammo. Heck, that Critical Defense stuff I buy is up there too for a 20 rd box. You got more than double that for a good price. I think Aquilla loads their stuff a little hotter than Rem or Win based on what people here have said. Not beat a dead horse but .380 ammo is almost always more expensive than .40 or 9mm. For that matter, so is .25cal ammo.