Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just realized how incredibly easy the belt clip makes concealing the P3AT IWB regardless of attire, tight jeans or not, except for when a tucked in shirt is required.

So, has anyone ever thought about making a belt clip that would mount to the frame pin right above the trigger guard, rather than the rear pin. The metal would go straight back from this front pin torward the rear of the gun, bending 180 degrees at the rear frame pin and coming back torward the front of the gun similar to the origional clip.

This would allow you to clip the gun IWB, then tuck a shirt between the frame and the metal clip, to the point where it mounts to the frame with the pin.

?
What do Y'all think.

moparrman74

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
I think that if you use the factory clip, clip it to your pants @ 4:30 position with the clip UNDER your belt and blouse your shirt just a tad it will not be noticed. The only thing sticking above your pants line is the very rearmost part of the grip where the clip attaches.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
If you live in an 'open-carry' state and are trying to conceal with the belt-clip then I think you will be fine (just in case you are ever discovered - you still have not broken the law).

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
ColeSpeed said:
Your heading in the right direction. Galco has designed a holster with this same concept:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2703&GunID=314

Less leather the same thing would be accomplished allowing the shirt to tuck in nicely.
I had one of those Galco USA holsters for my P3AT. It worked well, but I just never took to it. I prefer pocket carry for my little buddy. The only think I didn't like about the USA was that the nature of the clip put the weight of the gun on my pants instead of my belt.

I think the High Noon holster engineer88 points out might be better. It appears to have thinner leather, has a clip that puts the weight of the gun on the belt and (I believe) is less expensive. I've been considering one for cross draw carry for my G27.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies, but I actually have a leather iwb holster for it already, and my 1911 is the same thickness in its kydex holster as the P3 in leather :-?.

That is why I was considering the belt clip modification, even thinner and less obtrusive for when I really need that little bit more.

I am going to take a try at it in the next few weeks, so I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks again!
moparrman74

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GOT IT!

I found that if I wear my smart carry higher, like around my waist, and tighter, I can use the factory belt clip and tuck the P3AT behind my Smart Carry strap at 4 o'clock, then tuck my dress shirt over that.

I cannot wear my smart carry or pocket carry with certain slacks that are thin material or somewhat tight, and I needed to find something that would conceal my P3AT and that is why I made this Post. (jeans are no problem)

Found it though, and this seems to really work well.

Thanks again for all the help,

moparrman74

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.