Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,
I searched the forums but could not find that someone had already asked this question, so here goes:

Anyone know if the Magpul ambidextrous sling attachment will fit the SU-16? I've got the pistol grip and AR stock conversion on mine, and want to mount this sling attachment.

Here's a link to the sling attachment on Amazon.

Let me know!
Jeremy

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Apparently no one has a clue..you need to order one and try it then let us know.. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A.O.
Ha! No kidding, it seems that no one has tried one. I looked at the pictures on Amazon, and it looks like the bottom of plate would extend down such that it interfere's with the "beaver tail" on the SU-16's pistol grip.
Here's what I think: with the stock mounted in the high position, this mount will likely not work. With the stock mounted in the low position, this mount could very well work, but then the height of my red dot will not be right.

Catch 22. I'll think about ordering one and letting y'all know.

jpr

·
Registered
17 Posts
It was a tight fit after dremeling for awhile, but I got it to work.

Did you dremel the sling mount or the beaver-tail on the pistol grip?

Jeremy

I had to Dremel both the pieces of metal that attach to the PG and the ASAP as well, here are some close ups, pain in the ass, but with time it can be done. For some reason the photos are resized vertically because of the pixel size, just click the pic and then it'll send you to the Flcker site and the pic ir oriented properly.

photo 4 by disisMrC, on Flickr

photo 2 by disisMrC, on Flickr

·
Registered
154 Posts
I actually posted some pics about a year ago here with one on mine< didnt want to dremal anything so I put it on upside down. Seems to work ok for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts