Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the extension and installed per instructions; took a few tries to get it to lock correctly but it is now correct.
With the magazine empty it locks into place in the P3AT correctly. Once I put more then 2 rounds in it will no longer stay locked in place and will fall out with a little movement. Any idea?

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Re: Clip w/ Extension does not seat

Welcome -
- you may have something new to all of us!

what kind of extension do they make for the clip?  Is it not long enough to clip in your waistband?  And why would how many rounds are in the magazine make a difference as to how the clip stays on?  I am SO confused?

-Scott

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corrected the terminology. I meant magazine not clip.
I ordered 3 new magazines and a Mag extension to try and see if it helped to have the extra length to wrap my fingers around. The magazine fits correctly empty and up to 2 rounds, but once I put the third in it will no long "click" into place.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Just teasin' ya Cole.  Again, welcome.

Now, did you get the Keltec +1 extension or one of these aftermarket (other brand) ones that just add mass but are solid?  It makes a difference and either way we can help you through it and get it working right.  Many of us have been there.

AND VERY IMPORTANT - DO NOT INSERT THE MAGAZINE IN THE WEAPON BY JUST SLAMMING IT IN - MAKE SURE YOU ARE PRESSING THE MAG RELEASE WITH EVERY INSERT AS YOU GO THROUGH THIS.

-Scott

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
next thing is that there may be some flashing (mold leftover edges) around the area where it seats up against the mag and the base of the gun. Clean that off.

Also - the spring may be in backwards and/or not falling down into the extension because of lips on the inside - smooth those edges or look at the spring angles.

And you said one extension and multiple mags. Have you tried moving the extension to different mags?

And yes, these things to vary with how many rounds are in there because the pressures on the spring and where those forces go change with each round.

-Scott

G

·
Cole Glad to have you!

You may want to use the search feature on the board, as this topic is covered well with pictures for folks like me that can't read.

Speaking of pictures, this mag extension may work better for you!

Here is the link to the 9 round mag modification:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1176394771

Here is a good link to check for the +1 extender:
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/magext.htm

Mitch- Willing to do one search for a newbie, just to show him it works!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
CC_Dave said:
I think he is talking about the Bersa or NAA type magazine extension.
The one that needs to answer this problem may be Wilson. He is the "extension guy" I think. :)
I knew that it couldn’t be a NAA or Bersa extension. It is possible that the Plus One extension is so ugly, the P-3AT is simply rejecting it ;D

Wilson who’s a +1 owner but only uses them to threaten his P-3ATs if they misbehave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.