Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
has anyone noticed that the magazine release catch spring seems very weak. my new pistol only takes about one pound of pressure to drop the mag. true, the mag release is a lever which makes it easier than a button but im going to replace mine with a heavier spring. i gotta split the pistol to do it. keltec says they all use the same spring for the p17 and he agrees that it is a light touch spring. im glad i have the tools and knowledge to do this. i hope that this is just my pistol and not a common item that bothers others.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine seems plenty stiff enough.
mine is so soft and easy to push im afraid i will pop the mag if i put her into a holster. so no woods walking with her yet. i hope no one else has any problems like mine has with this issue. perhaps i am wrong but after 43yrs of carrying many types of semiautos i kinda have a clue so i am going to split her open and change out the spring. i repaired firearms for 40yrs but i never had one i had to split open. oh well, i shall figure it out as i had a conversation with a smith at keltec.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts