Magazine lock question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by slimpickens, Jan 26, 2008.

1. slimpickens

slimpickens New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    As a new P3ATHC owner I've learned a lot from this board. Its helped with everything from the purchase decision to prep and break-in. I had kind of hoped I would be able to continue to learn and eventually post to add through my experience. Therefore I wasn't too concerned when I had 2 FTE's with the first 50 rds. However, I believed the proceedure to clear was to remove the magazine and then deal with the stove pipe. The magazine took some manual force to remove. After clearing the shell, the magazine wouldn't lock without a pretty good slam, its even worse with it empty. It didn't do this before. It doesn't appear to be bent or even scratched. Did I screw up, and does it sound like I need to call KT? Thanks for your help, you guys are great.
    Slim

2. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    Somebody here has a metal mag catch for sale here. It sounds like yours is broken. The factory ones I believe are plastic. Try looking up Two Pistol Packer for them. I think he's the one who has them, if not he can point you in the right direction.

3. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    slimpickens - i do not believe that your FTEs have nothing to do with the mag not wanting to stay in. i do also have to slam my mags in to keep them locked in once in a while still and it has been problem free since i bought the gun. this includes shooting at the range and various loading and unloading surrounding carrying it.

i believe that packer has made steel mag catches that will replace the plastic that's supposed to help solve this issue but they are not available at this time cos packer's still putting his new shop in after his mishap a couple months back. stay tuned, though, as i'll bet he starts making them again after the shop gets up and running.

spence