Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Take a look at the plastic "foot" on the bottom of the magazine. It may very well have some extra burrs that are bumping into the bottom of the weapon and preventing a good luck. About 1/2 of mine (6) in the last month have required some file/dremmel smooting of that foot to seat without a pound to the bottom. 2 of them I could not get to lock in and KT replaced them.

-Scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same trouble. I just bought my P3-AT yesterday and brought it home and could not get the magazine to stay with even 1 round in it. I went back to the gun show today and they swaopped out the gun. When I got home i had the same problem.

I am not real thrilled with the quality so far. If I am going to use it as a back up or carry gun I have to knwow that my magazine will be in the gun if I have to draw it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ???

·
Registered
164 Posts
adamsesq said:
Take a look at the plastic "foot" on the bottom of the magazine.  It may very well have some extra burrs that are bumping into the bottom of the weapon and preventing a good luck.  About 1/2 of mine (6) in the last month have required some file/dremmel smooting of that foot to seat without a pound to the bottom.  2 of them I could not get to lock in and KT replaced them.

-Scott
That's what worked for me. Only it was not a few burrs, the whole "foot" had a lot of extra material on it. Now when the mag is in, the mag catch pops way out and there is clearance between the "foot" and grip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got mine last week. Was the same way. I kept putting the clip in and out a hundred times or so just having fun with it while watching a movie. Now mine works so easily. Before I shot it on sat I took a dremel tool and polished the feed ramp. Shot 50 rounds throug it with no problems. Still though when I chamer it by hand and cycle through some rounds by hand it will want to catch. But while firing it everything went smoothly. I think buying Reminton ammo is better than the Winchester from what I have found because the top of the Winchester bullet is flat and the Remington is rounded which seems to help it chamber smoother. I love mine so far!!!

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Deepmine said:
I may be talking through my hat, but doesn't the manual say to give the mag a good whack?

DP
Sorry... the word whack does not appear in the manual. ;D

Probably you were thinking of this: "A firm tap on the back of the magazine to align the rounds is a good habit with any magazine.". Regarding inserting the mag, it just says "Insert the loaded mag into the grip until it is locked in place".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.