Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
One of the holsters I use is a DeSantis Sting (with extra mag). This does not fit very well in blue jeans, so with them, I use a DeSantis Nemesis and just carry the extra magazine in my jacket or shirt pocket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pstan13 said:
One of the holsters I use is a DeSantis Sting (with extra mag). This does not fit very well in blue jeans, so with them, I use a DeSantis Nemesis and just carry the extra magazine in my jacket or shirt pocket.

Hmmm. If the holster is in the right pocket, and the gun in the right hand, how do you get the magazine out of the holster to do a reload quickly?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I use an old Leatherman Wave holster/carrier. I filled the bottom with a few loose FMJ rounds to raise the level of the mag and I removed almost all of the velcro so that the flap opens pretty quickly--but I'm one of those gamblers who 90% of the time goes without the 2nd mag; that said, if I end up walking back to my car somewhere late at night, I often grip the P3AT in my pocket and think to myself, "how much trouble would it have been to put on the mag-carrier?"

I have wondered how a right-handed person with a gun/mag carrier in their right pocket does the reload--I guess they just have to momentarily transfer the gun to their left hand while they retrieve the other mag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
dishman said:
[quote author=pstan13 link=1197769381/0#1 date=1198302731]One of the holsters I use is a DeSantis Sting (with extra mag). This does not fit very well in blue jeans, so with them, I use a DeSantis Nemesis and just carry the extra magazine in my jacket or shirt pocket.

Hmmm. If the holster is in the right pocket, and the gun in the right hand, how do you get the magazine out of the holster to do a reload quickly?[/quote]

Haven't had that problem yet.  I'll let you know when I do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.