Magazine Holder

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by dishman, Dec 15, 2007.

1. dishman

dishman New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Can anyone recommend a good magazine holder for the P3-AT magazines? Throwing them in my pocket probably isnt a good idea.

Also, has anyone seen higher capacity magazines?

2. pstan13

pstan13 New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    One of the holsters I use is a DeSantis Sting (with extra mag). This does not fit very well in blue jeans, so with them, I use a DeSantis Nemesis and just carry the extra magazine in my jacket or shirt pocket.

[​IMG]

3. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I have also heard some folks taking their pocket holsters and making a small cut in the flap and re stitching it so an extra clip can fit like with the one above.

4. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Kel Tec has a +1 extension as far as a mag holder, just make one.

5. dishman

dishman New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Hmmm. If the holster is in the right pocket, and the gun in the right hand, how do you get the magazine out of the holster to do a reload quickly?

6. rreynol

rreynol New Member

Sep 22, 2007
  7. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    my watch pocket works great for a spare P3 mag.
    spence

8. dishman

dishman New Member

Dec 15, 2007
  9. evi1joe

evi1joe New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    I use an old Leatherman Wave holster/carrier. I filled the bottom with a few loose FMJ rounds to raise the level of the mag and I removed almost all of the velcro so that the flap opens pretty quickly--but I'm one of those gamblers who 90% of the time goes without the 2nd mag; that said, if I end up walking back to my car somewhere late at night, I often grip the P3AT in my pocket and think to myself, "how much trouble would it have been to put on the mag-carrier?"

I have wondered how a right-handed person with a gun/mag carrier in their right pocket does the reload--I guess they just have to momentarily transfer the gun to their left hand while they retrieve the other mag.

10. pstan13

pstan13 New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Hmmm. If the holster is in the right pocket, and the gun in the right hand, how do you get the magazine out of the holster to do a reload quickly?[/quote]

Haven't had that problem yet.  I'll let you know when I do.