Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Magazine Follower Question

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Torked 
#1 ·
Just took ownership of my KSG, I searched first and didn't find anything, so feel free to point me in the right direction if I missed something.

Question / Concern:
Looking directly underneath the KSG (ejection port) the Magazine Selector switch will rub, on the left magazine follower, but the on the right, the follower is like 1/8" short of touching the selector switch.

I loaded and ejected both tubes fine for a test, and if it's no biggie, then I have no problem with it. It doesn't seem to effect functionality at all, so far.

Oh, and I have not disassembled the KSG at all. The gap is TIGHT for the assembly, as far as the magazine tubes being installed full, tight with butt stock, properly. *(I've done my research on here about that gap and quarter turning both back and forth to close the gap.)

Recap:
I plan on picking up some steel followers soon anyway, but now I'm not sure, if the spring is not tight or long enough on the right tube or not. Or if the left magazine tube spring is too long, and if the follower is not supposed to touch the magazine selector at all...... ?

Thanks in advance for any insight! :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Just brought it home tonight, again - function check wise, seems ok, will load and eject cartridges just fine.
Oh, it racks like a dream, it's very smooth, I'd dare say even smother then my Mossberg 500 Tactical that I've had for years.

I wont be able to take it to the range for a couple of weeks. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.