magazine extension or aftermarket grip

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by sunshine_fisherman, Nov 30, 2007.

1. sunshine_fisherman

sunshine_fisherman New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I saw the magazine extension that KelTec has but I would like one like the North American arms that curls under your finger to help control the jump. I have seen a conversion technique that someone posted on Yahoo but I was wondering if there was anything readily available for the P3AT.
    Has anyone used an after-market on the P3AT that can provide me some feedback? This is my pocket slipper carry gun so concealability is my prime concern. This guns slim profile was my reason for purchasing it and I will not sacrifice concealability for comfort.

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    There are LOTS of thoughts, opinions, pictures, sources etc. on this site.  Let me give you a newbie hint:
    [​IMG]
    Try "extenisons" "+1" "bersa" "naa" "scheerer" "pierce"  for a few examples.

That will give you lots of info and generate a more specific questions - then ask and you'll get lots of, well, thoughts, opinions, pictures, sources etc.  

-Scott

PS - Thank you flounder for reminding me of my manners. [​IMG] We really are a good bunch of old crumudgeons here!

3. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    May I be the first to welcome the new guy to KTOG? Welcome. :)

4. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I also used the Kel-Tec extention for a while on my P3. I switched to the Scherer extention just 3 weeks ago and like it a lot. Good Luck. Tom :) Welcome to the sight.

5. sunshine_fisherman

sunshine_fisherman New Member

Nov 30, 2007
  6. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
  7. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Yes, I like them.

(click picture to see finger extensions in a P-3AT)
    [​IMG]
    Wilson – who’s entertaining guest or he would expound :-?

8. nccarr

nccarr New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Welcome
    I used a section of an bike tube. I cut it long enough to fit and it works great. The gun is still flat and I can hold on to it better.
    Nick

9. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Only slightly more formal than Nick's great suggestion is this:

[​IMG]

This P3AT has the grip cover AND the WONDERFUL shock absorbing pads from Aglaser.
    http://www.aglaser.com/grips/index.html

I find these much better for control than the shoes that stick out.  I do like the +1 but only because it does not change the shape or width of the pistol.

-Scott

10. nccarr

nccarr New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    OOPS
    I was talking about using the tube to cover the grip for a little more control.
    Nick

I love these little mouse guns. I just bought my 3rd pistol today. I sitting here holding a p32. I will probably need help getting it back together.

You people are great for helping the way you do.
    Nick

11. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Hey, Scott -- (or anybody)

Where can I get something similar to those grip pads & slip on grip for the PF9?

(sorry to change the subject, just a quick answer will do!)

-Matt

12. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Subject changing (evolution) is par for the course. I don't know any reason why you couldn't use the same pads/slip on for the Pf9. The pads would work fine but you'd have to get the slip on a bit warm to stretch that much. Funny how I never thought of it - you may have just triggered me to go try it on my P40's as when I order from aglaser I order bunches extra and have a few in the toolkit.

-Scott

13. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    You don't think the pads might be a bit short?
    Let me know how your P40 test goes... That would make me feel a bit better.

-Matt

14. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    OK - now I feel like a moron for not seeing what was right in front of my face.  I absolutley love the aglaser stuff on my P3AT but have never thought about them on the P40 - because his site says they are for the P3AT afterall.  

But the slip on fits just fine (it could be a bit taller but really doesn't need to be.)  And as you can see the pads will be just fine.

[​IMG]

-Scott

15. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    So do you put the pads on first, or the slip-on?

-Matt

16. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Pads on first, let them set overnight and then heat the cover in hot water and have someone help you stretch it out and slide the cover OVER the grip and pads. Aglaser says the pads will stay on for a long time in and out of holsters, etc. etc. even without the cover but with the cover they are basically permanent (until you want to remove them.)

-Scott

17. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Can't Wait!!
    Thanks again, Oh Great All-Knowing One!

-Matt

18. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Did Tx chime in on this thread?

-Scott