magazine dropping

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by xcop1105, Jun 28, 2008.

1. xcop1105

xcop1105 New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    it appears the recoil during rapid fire is causing my grip to change and my thumb is depressing the mag release. the msg does not fall out just drops enough to not feed the next round. any fixes beside more consentration on my part

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    It can be hand position or it could be worn mag catch/mag catch spring.

Did this just recently start? How old (how many rounds) is this weapon? Do you always depress the mag catch when INSERTING your magazines or do you just slam them in like most of us are used to doing with other pistols?

-Scott

3. xcop1105

xcop1105 New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    i do not slam the mag in. arout 200 rounds so far. i think it is my fault . mext range trip i plan on keeping a better control of my thumb. i use the pinky extention from bersa . hope it is just me.

4. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I filed down the mag release button on my family KTs until one needs to press on it with the nail of the thumb to release the mag. At the close range where an attack is likely to occur I don't think a speed reload would be practical for the AT but reliability would be absolutely essential. The last thing I would want would be for my magazine to release in a life or death situation.

5. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Sounds like a worn mag catch to me. KT Service will send you one for free. Get a new spring also: 1-800-515-9983.

Packer.

6. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    Do you use a mag extension?

7. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005