Magazine carriers and holsters...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by praetorian, Nov 15, 2007.

1. praetorian

praetorian New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Alrighty guys, having my P3AT floating in my right pocket and the spare mags in my left rear is getting annoying. What are some sugestions for decent but cheap holsters and mag carriers that are standard belt type. I dont like inside the waistband or any of that stuff. So sugestions would be much apreiciated

2. Bigrig

Bigrig New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I have two Don Hume (http://www.donhume.com) holsters for my Ruger P97 pistols. The J.I.T. Slide and the H721OT. They appear to be very good entry level leather holsters.

Nathan

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Depends on what you want to look like.  Some of my favorite "non gun looking" holsters and mag carriers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

L to R:
    P40 Mags, G22 Mags (B/U for the G27), P3AT w Armalaser

Gotta think outside the box!  

These cases and MANY others are available at: http://www.westerncasecompany.com/index.html
    The one for the P3AT is the #66 Utility (Standard PDA) Case.  It is PERFECT for the P3AT (w or w/o a laser) as long as you don't have any extensions on the magazine.  Both the P3AT and the glock mags are in the #66.  It is a bit short for the full length glock mags (but perfect for midsize).  The have one same width and depth but a bit taller that I will get the next time I see her for the glock mags).  

The P40 mags are in the case she sells for the Treo 650 and are a perfect fit with or without finger extensions. Don't need the antenna cut out, but it works. And I seem to recall she has the same case w/o the cut out. I just used it because I had it for my treo.

As an aside, I like their Western Series Travel Totes as range bags.

Kathryn, the owner of the Oregon store (her father (I think its her father) owns the California store), attends many gun shows as well as a lot of other shows and is a big supporter of ccw.  If you email her at westerncase@aol.com and tell her what you are after it is amazing how she can just say "Oh, that is a 66" or whatever.  

-Scott

4. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
  5. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Scott...

Who makes the pouches you have pictured...particularly the one with the p3at in it.

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Modified my post with more info.

-Scott

7. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I can see it now...."If your Palm Treo is in that case, then what's in the other case?" The obvious answer is my Crackberry. I don't actually have a Crackberry, but my wife would argue that this site is almost as bad as one for me!

8. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    [​IMG]  For front pocket carry and very little money, this works well, The Pocket Pal by Conceal Carry Concept.   :)

9. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    [​IMG]  Or this and if you must carry an extra mag, a case for a pocket knife on your belt will work

10. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    This is what is in my pocket right now

11. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Yes, adamsesq turned me on to it a while back, he is such a nice and wise man. ;)

12. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Someone had that monicker before me?

-Scott

13. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I am unashamed to say that I have a bit of a holster fetish. I know most have a box of holsters that didn't work...I just have several that I use for different times. I don't care much for IWB. I love my smartcarry and have a fobus paddle and hume slide for my G27. How do you like the new fobus design? How do you like it for the little P3AT? I guess I figured if I'm going to wear a paddle, its gonna be with the G27

14. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    I love the new Fobus for the P-3. the retention adjustment is neat and the holster is very comfortable.

15. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Apr 7, 2007
    As far as mag carriers go I bought 10 of these German leather Walther PP mag holders from Centerfire systems when they were 10 for $10 and they work very well without a finger extensions and with alittle wearing in will work with it. These fit my Bersa and P3AT mags, both with finger extensions. They are very good quality to.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1114

16. Holster fetish?...You sicko! ;) ;D

[​IMG]

You might look at the 5:11 system and carry in the 5:11 front shirt concealed pocket.  The holster set up works in baggy cargo type pockets as well, but the 5:11 shirt puts it in position for a very fast draw.  This option is great for sitting, driving, and many other situations.

[​IMG]

The 5:11 holster is actually two pieces.  A square of loop material and the holster itself is the hook material.   This allows fine tune adjustment for positioning the gun at the angle you desire.  I added stiches to hold the spare mag.

17. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Ya, we know BigRig that is amazing how few of these wonderfully great holsters shown fit the original request for a belt type holster. But we hope you find them interesting none-the-less.

-Scott

18. Hey--- I showed a slider!  Your just mad cause I was the first to ask the CTC guy for a beta model!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program:

cheap holsters AND mag carriers

This is a homemade slider I purchased from fellow KTOGer Nakanokalronin.  It does NOT inlcude an extra mag holder.  
    [​IMG]

Another KTOGer has done a slider with a spare mag holder that looks very nice.

check this thread :  http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1194038413

And here is a picture of the holster.

[​IMG]

19. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Hey--- I showed a slider!  Your just mad cause I was the first to ask the CTC guy for a beta model!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program:

cheap holsters AND mag carriers

This is a homemade slider I purchased from a fellow KTOGer.  It does NOT inlcude an extra mag holder.  
    [​IMG]

Another KTOGer has done a slider with a spare mag holder that looks very nice.

check this thread :  http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1194038413

And here is a picture of the holster.

[​IMG]

[/quote]

Hey you bought that homemade holster from me! :) Looks like your getting some good use out of it.

My favorite holster so far is the Guru Dave holster with one of the German mag pouches on my previous post as a mag holder. I always liked the ide of the mag holder being seperate as if you have the gun in the right hand the logical place to have the mag would be the left side which is the hand you would use to insert the magazine IMO.