Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty guys, having my P3AT floating in my right pocket and the spare mags in my left rear is getting annoying. What are some sugestions for decent but cheap holsters and mag carriers that are standard belt type. I dont like inside the waistband or any of that stuff. So sugestions would be much apreiciated

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Depends on what you want to look like.  Some of my favorite "non gun looking" holsters and mag carriers:

L to R:
P40 Mags, G22 Mags (B/U for the G27), P3AT w Armalaser

Gotta think outside the box!  

These cases and MANY others are available at: http://www.westerncasecompany.com/index.html
The one for the P3AT is the #66 Utility (Standard PDA) Case.  It is PERFECT for the P3AT (w or w/o a laser) as long as you don't have any extensions on the magazine.  Both the P3AT and the glock mags are in the #66.  It is a bit short for the full length glock mags (but perfect for midsize).  The have one same width and depth but a bit taller that I will get the next time I see her for the glock mags).  

The P40 mags are in the case she sells for the Treo 650 and are a perfect fit with or without finger extensions. Don't need the antenna cut out, but it works. And I seem to recall she has the same case w/o the cut out. I just used it because I had it for my treo.

As an aside, I like their Western Series Travel Totes as range bags.

Kathryn, the owner of the Oregon store (her father (I think its her father) owns the California store), attends many gun shows as well as a lot of other shows and is a big supporter of ccw.  If you email her at [email protected] and tell her what you are after it is amazing how she can just say "Oh, that is a 66" or whatever.  

-Scott

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can see it now...."If your Palm Treo is in that case, then what's in the other case?" The obvious answer is my Crackberry. I don't actually have a Crackberry, but my wife would argue that this site is almost as bad as one for me!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am unashamed to say that I have a bit of a holster fetish. I know most have a box of holsters that didn't work...I just have several that I use for different times. I don't care much for IWB. I love my smartcarry and have a fobus paddle and hume slide for my G27. How do you like the new fobus design? How do you like it for the little P3AT? I guess I figured if I'm going to wear a paddle, its gonna be with the G27

·
Registered
930 Posts
As far as mag carriers go I bought 10 of these German leather Walther PP mag holders from Centerfire systems when they were 10 for $10 and they work very well without a finger extensions and with alittle wearing in will work with it. These fit my Bersa and P3AT mags, both with finger extensions. They are very good quality to.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1114

G

·
toddmog said:
I am unashamed to say that I have a bit of a holster fetish. ...
Holster fetish?...You sicko! ;) ;D

You might look at the 5:11 system and carry in the 5:11 front shirt concealed pocket.  The holster set up works in baggy cargo type pockets as well, but the 5:11 shirt puts it in position for a very fast draw.  This option is great for sitting, driving, and many other situations.

The 5:11 holster is actually two pieces.  A square of loop material and the holster itself is the hook material.   This allows fine tune adjustment for positioning the gun at the angle you desire.  I added stiches to hold the spare mag.

G

·
adamsesq said:
Ya, we know BigRig that is amazing how few of these wonderfully great holsters shown fit the original request for a belt type holster.  But we hope you find them interesting none-the-less.

-Scott
Hey--- I showed a slider!  Your just mad cause I was the first to ask the CTC guy for a beta model!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program:

praetorian said:
... What are some sugestions for decent but cheap holsters and mag carriers that are standard belt type. ...
cheap holsters AND mag carriers

This is a homemade slider I purchased from fellow KTOGer Nakanokalronin.  It does NOT inlcude an extra mag holder.  

Another KTOGer has done a slider with a spare mag holder that looks very nice.

check this thread :  http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1194038413

And here is a picture of the holster.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
[quote author=adamsesq link=1195168899/15#16 date=1195226996]Ya, we know BigRig that is amazing how few of these wonderfully great holsters shown fit the original request for a belt type holster.  But we hope you find them interesting none-the-less.

-Scott
Hey--- I showed a slider!  Your just mad cause I was the first to ask the CTC guy for a beta model!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program:

praetorian said:
... What are some sugestions for decent but cheap holsters and mag carriers that are standard belt type. ...
cheap holsters AND mag carriers

This is a homemade slider I purchased from a fellow KTOGer.  It does NOT inlcude an extra mag holder.  

Another KTOGer has done a slider with a spare mag holder that looks very nice.

check this thread :  http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1194038413

And here is a picture of the holster.

[/quote]

Hey you bought that homemade holster from me! :) Looks like your getting some good use out of it.

My favorite holster so far is the Guru Dave holster with one of the German mag pouches on my previous post as a mag holder. I always liked the ide of the mag holder being seperate as if you have the gun in the right hand the logical place to have the mag would be the left side which is the hand you would use to insert the magazine IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.