Mag Release

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by kmunch, Nov 30, 2010.

1. kmunch

kmunch New Member

May 13, 2008
    I was wondering if anyone has a problem with hitting the mag release on accident. I did while firing and dropped the mag. not all the way my finger caught it but none the less the gun was in op until I reseated the mag. Question two is: Can you file the mag release button down flush with the grip to make the mag harder to release?

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I haven't done it myself but I know others have.

Yes you can file the mag release down, just remember it will probably make reloading slower.

You might be able to adjust your grip to avoid the problem.

CJ

3. droshi

droshi New Member

Nov 29, 2010
    I've heard you can do this too. The main draw to the LCP for me was the recessed mag release, and this somewhat negates that benefit. How much can it be filed down? Any other considerations to doing this?

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The P3AT mag release, is adjustable. Yes, it is taller than it needs to be and you can shorten it. I probably wouldn't take it all the way flush with the grip, but you could. Tape around it to protect the grip and file it down too your liking. I would file a little, then check, then file, etc...

5. droshi

droshi New Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Thanks for the info, truly a customizable pistol!

6. kmunch

kmunch New Member

May 13, 2008
    Filed down the Mag release until it only protruded 1/32 in. and I like it alot better no more accidentental Mag release while firing