Mag pops out

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by diesel350, Nov 26, 2008.

1. diesel350

diesel350 New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Every time I fire my mag pops out?? any suggestions? thanks

2. goodbrewing

goodbrewing Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Plastic mag catch is no good. Get a new plastic 1 from kel-tec free or buy a metal 1 in the trading post & fix it forever. Common problem. Do a search & you will see lots of posts about it.

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    First, make sure that no part of your hand is contacting the button when you shoot. It is a small grip and the gun tends to jump around when it goes off. Sometimes, it is hard to tell that you are hitting it. If you suspect, or find this to be the case, you can file the button down a bit. It doesn't need to stick up that far. Apply some tape around the button to protect the grip and fire, file, fire, file incrementally until you get there. Also, if you are using one, sometimes the hooked mag extensions can put added downward pressure on the catch.

4. diesel350

diesel350 New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    thanks guys..I ordered a new mag release in the trading post from DaveNc and it arrived on sat going to install tommorow..

5. P-3aT_ShoTTer

P-3aT_ShoTTer New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    The metal mag releases are the only real fix to this common issue. I wish that KT would get the hint and produce a metal release for the P3AT&P32 like they're doing for the PF9's.