Mag latch FTF fix

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by roach711, Sep 21, 2008.

1. roach711

roach711 New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    When my previously reliable P3 started to experience failure to feed (FTF) on the first few rounds I suspected that it just needed a good cleaning. After a good cleaning it still had the problem. I was stumped for a while until I noticed that the magazine was not fully inserted into the grip. There was a 1/16" gap between the grip and the top edge of the magazine base. When I pushed the mag all the way in everything worked swimmingly. A new mag latch solved the problem.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    A couple of folks will probably soon be making metal catches for the P3. Meanwhile, it's a good idea to depress the catch when inserting the mag.

3. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Someone other than 2PP??? A metal mag catch is the last accessory that I need for my P3AT. ::)

4. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Someone other than 2PP???  A metal mag catch is the last accessory that I need for my P3AT.  ::)
    [/quote]

I just started making them on a limited basis though. I finished one tonight to send to JackXXXX. I'll do another one later this week after I get my new motherboard installed in my PC.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1222013211