Mag Grip Extension vs. +1 Mag Extension?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by MoonDoggy, Sep 21, 2008.

1. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy New Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Besides the obvious answer of getting an extra round for your P-3 mags, do any of you have likes/dislikes of one of these accessories over the other?

I saw on the KT website that the +1 extensions are sold out right now so I have a little time to think about it. I was also thinking of adding some of those slip-on grip covers maybe

Don't get me wrong, I think the pistol is pretty good the way it is.....just looking to improve a little or get a little "edge."

2. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I got rid of both of my regular extensions and went with the +1's. I shoot better with an extension and have found that for me, the +1 prints less than the other ones in the pocket holster I use. I got both of my +1 extensions from this forum...the last one was brand new in the package.

3. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    The +1 extension seems to give me a little more control over the pistol and doesn't make it any hard to conceal. It acts as a grip extension and allows you to put an extra round in the mag, that's why I bought it over the grip extension. If you're going to spend the money may as well get your money's worth.

4. wild_cat_mccane

wild_cat_mccane Banned

Sep 28, 2007
    does the p32 extension work with the p3at?

5. EchoKilo

EchoKilo New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    For pocket carry, the +1 extension can occasionally cause a slight hang up when drawing, depending on the jeans I'm wearing. I don't have a regular grip extension, but I suspect it wouldn't cause the same problem as it has a sloped angle rather than a squared one.

6. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I bought the +1 extension and after putting it on the gun it looked like a flimsy afterthought from KT. To me it did not feel as comfortable as the grip extension which I also thought looked much better. I never did fire the gun with the +1 extension so it now sits locked away with the KT box and all the other extra stuff I bought and never use.

7. jp8900

jp8900 New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I have the +1 on one of my mags and like it alot. Getting the rest of my ring finger on the gun helps alot with control. Im going to buy the grip extension today for my other mag and see how it feels in comparison.

8. harleyboy

harleyboy New Member

May 25, 2008
    I use the +1 extension I like it a lot , and the extra round cant hurt ::)

9. wild_cat_mccane

wild_cat_mccane Banned

Sep 28, 2007
    so does the p32 +1 fit on the p3at mag?