Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This issue has been plaguing me for a while. And with the ammo short I cannot get to the range to figure it out. I have done some serious fluffing and buffing to help with break in. I have narrowed the issue down to one mag, so at least I am comfortable the gun will operate with one of my mags.

The mag with the problem kicks out of the gun when I try to chamber the first round into the empty chamber. As the slide goes into battery the mag just pops out about 1/4 inch. Sometimes I cannot even get the mag inserted and secure. I have tried to -1 the mag and no help. Also it's I'm not hitting the mag release. I have tried to measure both, and they seem the same. Anyone experience this? I believe it is the extra mag I bought that is the problem. Would really like to fix it to carry the extra mag.

I finally got some .380 ammo so I hope to get to the range to test it thoroughly soon. It concerns me that the mag will jump out while I am carrying it. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have checked them side by side. They appear and even measure to be the same. Mag release has been replaced. I sanded the mags where they touch the bottom of the mag well. I did some searching and tried all the stuff that was listed. The one mag is still a problem. Undoubtedly it is some problem with that mag I am missing.

The problem mag will occasionally seat right if forced. But then pops out as I try to chamber a round. I will probably take it back to the shop where I bought it and see if they will swap it out. If not I'll be buying another mag.

I really want the metal mag release so I don't have to worry about the plastic one wearing out. The first one wore out in about 6 mths with very little range time. Though I was not depressing it as I inserted the mag either. I am doing that now.

Thanks for the ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.