Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking of getting a 1 round extension for my p3. I have also been considering the pinky extension. The nine round seems a bit much for me though. Does anyone know if you can put the pinky extension on the bottom of the one rounder?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
you might like the 9 rounder, and stock mag with pinky ext.,,and the lil' square looking 1 round ext., you can't put pinky ext on square one round ext. I like em all for different times. I carry with stock mag and shoot 70% practice with stock mag.. I have a 15 rounder too! I sleep with 9 rounder chambered.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't even know there was a 15. I'll probably go with the 1. I think it will add just enough for me to have my pinky on the gun (I have small hands). I like the idea of having nine rounds but don't think I'd wanna carry it. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
It really depends on what you are looking for and how you plan to carry the gun.
I would stick with the flat base 6 round mag if you front pocket carry
The +1 is good for IWB and maybe back pocket carry. Also it's nice on an extra mag to carry.
Personally I just don't see the point of the pinky extension, the +1 gives a little extra grip and adds the extra round. Not a fan of the 9 rounder either, I don't want to make my P3 as big or bigger than my PF9. I can see using it as a spare mag but it looks so bulky to have in your pocket.
You should have more than one mag anyway so why not have a flat base 6 round and another with the +1. IMO you should always have at least one reload on you for any carry gun.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Am thinking of getting a 1 round extension for my p3. I have also been considering the pinky extension. The nine round seems a bit much for me though. Does anyone know if you can put the pinky extension on the bottom of the one rounder?
The +1 extension also serves as a pinky extension. At least it works that way for me. I have +1's on all my P3AT mags. The bigger ones are just to big to ride well in my pocket.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased an extra mag a couple days ago. I think I will get the +1 for both of them.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
what is a "checker4tix"?
Ha! When I joined KTOG there was a popular country song by Brad Paisley called "Ticks."

A guy meets a girl, takes her walking in the woods and through some wild flowers. Afterwards he offers to check her for ticks. You never know where they might be hiding!

Yeah, it's a country boy fantasy...

Here's a video: Ticks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up ordering a 1 round ext. I also ordered me a belt clip. I have a concealed carry class coming up and am trying to decide how I will carry. I'm thinking I'll order a mic and use the clip for iwb carry.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
mic holsters are just 23$ to the door, as u know it clips over trigger. You can use it for different situations. It's always a safety unit to have around. I have had em for a while, you'll get use to mic. You can have a spare.

·
Registered
102 Posts
One more vote for the 1-round mag extension. I have the 9 rounder, too, but it is just too big for concealed carry IMO. Great to carry in another pocket as a reload, though. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my 1 round ext. in the mail today. I assembled it per the directions, but it won't fit in the gun with 7 bullets. It fits just fine with 6 though. Did I do something dumb to cause this or has anyone else experienced the same problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wanted a 9 round mag, but have read horrible reviews on it. What are your experiences?

Also, where does one get a 15 round mag? I haven't seen one of those. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
image-1186090295.jpg

So here is what I went with. The mag now fits. I turned the spring around, though I'm not certain that was the problem. I haven't shot it since the changes either, so I'm not sure how well it feeds. I like the feel of the gun in my hand better now. And I like the belt clip as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts