Mag extensions

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Bo_Bryant, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    I am thinking about getting the hand grip extension for my P3AT mags. Has anyone had any problems with these in reference to front pocket carry?

Any advice appreciated.

Bo Bryant

2. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I have the +1 mag extensions with an Armalaser in a Desantis Nemesis. I usually carry in the back pocket, but with dress slacks, I find front pocket carry to be easier. The +1 hasn't caused me any issues, and it makes for a much better grip for me on the gun when firing.

3. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I have a +1 ext, with a CT laser and Galco holster that came with the CT (free) mostly front pocket carry, and the ext. makes for a much better handle, and another rd. The ext. doesn't bother the less than 2 sec draw. Jim <><

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I have a Bersa finger mag. extension on one of my P3ATs and the one sold by Kel-Tec on the other. What little extra printing they might cause is far outweighed by the benifits of shooting the gun with them installed.

Take care...

5. shurshot1

shurshot1 New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I have KT extenders (+1) for my P3 on both my clips and I use a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. I carry back pocket, front pocket and sometimes belt clip. Never had any problem with the extension getting in the way and I like the idea of the additional round. Cheers, Shurshot1

6. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    The Kel-Tec/Scherer +0 print pretty bad IMO. My pistol went from wallet/lump to "what the heck is in your pocket" as soon as I put mine on. It came off minutes later, BTW. I use the KT +1 on my spare mag.

7. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    i installed the kt mag extention, then cut off the very bottom lip of it. the btm ridge that added another .125 to .188" that stuck in front of grip seemed to make it print more in my pocket. But thats just me.

8. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I have installed the extension on one of my 2 mags. For most clothing applications I use the mag with the extension. I get a better grip and one more shot with it. I have some jeans that I use the standard mag due to printing. I like to be sure no one knows I'm carrying.

Craig