Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals! New KEL TEC owner here with a quick question about the +1 extension on the Pf-9. I bought the extension and have since came to the conclusion that the extension is just too bulky. I bought the PF-9 because to me its an all business gun. Nothing fancy about it, its a super lightweight compact concealable defensive weapon. I like my gun a lot better with the pinky extension on it but i cant for the life of me get the extension off. I have tried and tried but i feel like it mite break or strip out the plastic. Any tips or tricks? thanks guys!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have not taken one apart but I have a different suggestion (someone will be along shortly who knows how to take it apart).

You should have more than one mag. So carry the second one in the gun and carry the +1 as the spare.

Or, find someone who wants a +1 and trade.

·
Registered
589 Posts
RobzKT I think is the member who re-shaped the grip extention for the pf9. I done my grip extention that way but I dont have the +1

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
The rear piece of the +1 snaps in under the rear wall of the magazine. If you can figure out a way to pry it out from under the rear wall, you'll be able to get it removed. Just glide the blade (paring knife or X-Acto blade) under the rear wall of the mag and scrape away a little bit at a time, periodically checking to see if it will 'Unlock'.

Most of us ended up whittling the front edge of the rear piece of the extension just enough to allow removal, but allow you to use it later on, should you decide to use it later on a 'Range' mag.

Of course, you could simply designate the mag it's on as a range mag and get another new mag for carry.

Edit to add link:
Here's the original +1 Extension thread. Ape did a great 'removal' post at reply #144 +1 grip extension announced! and my 'whittling' reply is a few posts down from his.

Here's a direct shot to Ape's post: http://www.thektog.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2081865&postcount=144

·
Registered
43 Posts
I pushed the inner floorplate down with a 1/8" punch and it slipped off. My little owners booklet told me how to do it.
This may be only the way to get the original straight stack 7 off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts