M70 Howitzer muzzle brake

Discussion in 'KS7 Bullpup Shotgun' started by ChicagoKel-Tec, Jul 30, 2020.

1. ChicagoKel-Tec

ChicagoKel-Tec Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Recently ordered my KS7 and waiting for it to arrive. I'm ordering accessories now so I can get it to the range quickly. I like Hi-Tec M70 muzzle brake. However, I don't have an air wrench, the vice block, or even a vice for that matter. I certainly can rent/borrow that stuff, but wondering if anyone successfully installed it with just a plain old fashioned socket wrench?

2. newguyhere

newguyhere Member

Mar 27, 2017
    I removed the barrel nut from my KSG with just a socket wrench. I was expecting to run over to my friend's shop and use his air gun but I was lucky.

ChicagoKel-Tec likes this.

3. Leviathan58651

Leviathan58651 Active Member Supporter

Apr 5, 2020
    Vista, CA
    I'm sure a decent breaker bar would suffice, so long as you can properly stabilize the gun while breaking it loose. Personally, I just used my 1/2" electric wrench and it came off with ease.

4. Gliderguy

Gliderguy Member

Jan 28, 2020
    I started with my light duty 1/4 inch dewalt electric impact driver, no dice, but it spun off quick with the regular 1/2 inch electric impact driver. We just need a barrel nut tool forwarding service. I doubt I will ever use mine again.

5. terry_tr6

terry_tr6 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2015
    grant valkaria, Fla
    I went through heck when i mounted a choke adapter. my front sight windage was way off so tried to rotate the muzzle plate a bit but it would shift as i torqued the barrel nut. took a lot of range trips to get it where it needed to be