Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I shoot it but not out of the RFB. I use a POF P-308. It groups about a half inch with that. Similar in performance to FGMM with 168 SMKs. Just a heavier pill so beats wind drift a little better although drops quicker.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a FAL built on an old Entreprise type 3 receiver using Imbel parts. I had it put together by Mark Graham over at Arizona Response Systems. The barrel which came with the parts kit has a very nice and shiny chrome-lined bore with crisp rifling. I doubt it was fired much. To my surprise, that FAL shoots about 1.5 MOA as well with Magtech sniper (which is pretty much GMM, just a lot cheaper). I say surprising because the twist rate should favor pills weighing less than 150gr.

I never had much luck getting less than 2 MOA on most days with my RFB. I did have a few 1.5 to 1.7" groups using FGMM, and once with American Eagle M1A if memory serves.

Now that you remind me, I found random boxes of M118 stashed in weird places in my garage the other day lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
That's very impressive for a FAL. What optic?

As for mine, I bought two Entreprise type 3 receivers back in the early 90s. One I built myself using an Austrian STG-58 parts kit when they were like 150 bucks each (I miss those days). The other I kept stripped and forgot about it until a year ago. I came across an ad for EX+ Imbel parts kits from a now defunct retailer named Sarge's Surplus. They were selling for $550 for hand select, matching serials. So I bought one and had it built by ARS. They did a great job on it.

Not sure how familiar you are with whole FAL receiver debacles some years back, but Entreprise was never highly regarded. There was always a chance if getting something out of spec. I guess I lucked out because I never had any barrel timing issues when I put the STG together. Took a standard 1.635 locking shoulder as well. According to Mark at ARS, no such problems with my new build either. Actually, the only complaint I have is that the charging handle slot in the receiver seems oversized, like they cut it for an inch pattern CH instead of a metric once. As a result, my CH wobbles a little bit, but doesn't impede function.

Back to the optic question, I now run a DSA picattiny top cover. I had a scope on it once but the low cheek riser height in the old school stocks made it uncomfortable to use for long periods. I ended up throwing a red dot on it and left it as is.

·
Registered
344 Posts
That's nice. Who made the handguard?

Any problems getting the recoil spring tube into the PRS?

How much does it weigh as currently configured? I've been eyeballing a DSA 18" Congo para. But I need another gun like I need a hole in the head...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, 13lbs is pretty chonky. My Armalite AR-10 SASS weighed about the same. I did not enjoy lugging that thing around.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Oh man I have been.looking at the pof p415. Saw a torture test 10,000 rounds in an hour and another iv8888 2737
rounds still rocking. But that price tag. I already have an AR and my RDB. Anyway I digress from the keltec way.

Looking into an RFB now .
My POF was a POS out of the box. It wouldn't cycle properly suppressed or unsuppressed. It had to go back to Arizona along with my silencer where they had it for almost 3 months. When I got it back, they only replaced the ejector and extractor spring but it was still cycling too quickly. I removed the factory 3oz buffer and spring and replaced with a Sprinco Orange and a Slash heavy carbine buffer that weighs 7.8oz. Runs like a top now, but I was pissed that they didn't actually solve the gas issue by drilling out a gas plug with custom ports based on my suppressor.

They said they oversize to ensure cycling with weak ammo. It was over gassed with Tula 150gr lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts