Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola,
I now have in my possession my S2K. I have wanted something to pair with my 5906 and P-11 for a while. After I stumbled across a deal for an M&P I tracked down this rifle. Here is the point of this post.

When I ordered the rifle I went ahead and ordered mags to go with it. ETS was having a sale and my ETS Glock mags have been rock solid. Well my M&P mags all have the follower getting ready to pop out of the top of the mag (or so it appears). The 30 rounders look worse than the 17's.

They seem to function and load fine, but has anyone else seen this? Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have a S2k that uses M&P mags also. But I have only used steel S&W and Pro-mags in it so my experience is irrelevant to your question. If you don't get any responses you might think about asking your question on the S&W M&P forum. You won't need to mention the firearm over there.

I have other plastic 9mm mags though and it doesn't sound right to me.

You might also contact ETS with pics and see what they say. They might even be waiting for owners to come forward with known faulty mags so that they can replace them. Not that I know anything, but it could be a possibility.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Today June 20, 2021. After an IDPA match yesterday with six new ETS mags, (and Federal 115Grain FMJ 9mm ) I am disappointed. I loaded each with 25 rounds to start the day. At each stage I started with a new mag. In the end, at least one jam ( Failure to eject, and/or extra round jam ) on each mag!! So, could I have been " Limp-wristing " on every stage? Or, what are the chances of 6 "bad" magazines? or at least six bad Factory bullets? I looked at the mags and YES, the follower at the top seems like I could pull it out. BUT, why would that make a difference while loaded? Could the follower cause binding or sticking of the bullet on top ? ie. extra pressure, or not enough? I did notice the internal spring is "sloppy" inside the mag walls. On an empty mag, the follower does "stick" when depressed by my finger on top. I do notice that the "plastic" ETS mags have thicker walls, and the Forward/Aft Profile is more angular than rounded. Would that be a cause? Also, the ETS mags have molded notches for the magazine release, Rather than the cut-out holes in the S&W steel mags. Guys at the club swear by their Glock versions, but S&W...just me. PS: two different prices, $19.99 at Gun Mag, $9.99 at Botach... Any Remedies or Suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah +1 for ETS on my G17 Sub2k. Just at the range last weekend ran 5 new ETS mags with 6 different kinds of ammo no issues no jams or miss feeds in my carbine or the G17pistol. My mags also have follower sticking when unloaded and was concerned before shooting but fed no issues at all.

Might just be the M&P ones?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave up on ETS for my M&P. Kind of. I contacted them with photos of the springs binding up inside the mag bodies. I sent them back for replacement mags (some for Glock mags). Ultimately I converted my Sub-2000 to Glock as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Late update. As mentioned before my ETS Glock mags have been great. The ones for my M&P are ...odd. I changed my S2K back to a M&P 9mm configuration. In my S2K these mags are great, no issues. In my actual M&P40 1.0 (w/conversion barrel) they literally don't work at all. My pistol also becomes inoperative. It won't fire after seating and wracking the slide. I'm okay with this because they work so well in the rifle but it's still odd.

Reactions: BJK
1 - 9 of 9 Posts