Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use their p3at stuff? recoil rod, springs, mag catch? any good in a p3at? They seem well regarded in the sub2k forums.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Anybody use their p3at stuff? recoil rod, springs, mag catch? any good in a p3at? They seem well regarded in the sub2k forums.
I got the recoil springs, trigger spring, and rod for my PF9. I've not had a chance to shoot it yet. But the stuff surely appears to be good quality.

Reactions: morekeltecs

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the recoil springs, trigger spring, and rod for my PF9. I've not had a chance to shoot it yet. But the stuff surely appears to be good quality.
Does the trigger spring make a noticable difference in trigger pull? Do the recoil springs make a difference in felt recoil?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Does the trigger spring make a noticable difference in trigger pull? Do the recoil springs make a difference in felt recoil?
I haven't shot them yet, I'm going to try to today. The trigger is a little lighter, but not a lot. At least not in the PF9. It may be a bigger difference in the 3AT or 32. I don't know if that helps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think it maybe reduced the recoil a bit. I wasn't expecting a huge difference though. Light guns are going to recoil.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I honestly wouldn't say a big difference. It's still a long trigger, just a little lighter. I do recommend it, I can never leave anything the way it was.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have installed the trigger spring, guide rod, and mag catch on my P3AT. The mag catch is a huge improvement over the factory part. The trigger spring did help reduce the trigger pull (I’m using a Northwood trigger). I’m not sure the guide rod is making a difference, but it looks nice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I thought the guide rod makes the pf feel nice and smooth pulling on the slide. Not that it matters much. I'm still waiting on the mcarbo aluminium trigger for the pf.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@gsr THANKS! the trigger spring and mag catch were my real concerns. My Northwoods kit is inbound, and i always felt that it did a great job to ease the perception of pull since it was more ridgid than the flimsy factoy trigger. Maybe the mcarbo spring will get on the list now too. Ive seen bad reviews recently of the Twisted Industries mag catch l, so i was hoping the mcarbo was good to go.plus i like the looks of the mcarbo better anyway.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've seen bad reviews of the twisted industries stuff to, but I haven't used anything of theirs. I did just order some sights. We'll see if their stuff is any good. Mcarbo on that other hand I've bought several things and they've always been quality.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just ordered recoil springs, guide rod and metal mag catch for my P3AT, I’ll post an update once installed and after range trip. I also ordered punch set and armors block.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MCARBO parts Good to Go! I have the Recoil rod, mag catch (Best Upgrade IMO), and springs. It’s not a smooth 1911 but the upgraded parts make the action feel 5x better.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I don't know if I got a bad mag catch, but if you look at the factory part in comparison to the Mcarbo part, the hole on the Mcarbo part is almost centered where the factory hole is right up against the wall. I had to take off so much grip material to allow the spring to catch in the hole that it wobbles around in the grip and doesn't catch the magazine at all. Maybe I got a bad catch ,but I don't understand why this isn't a simple drop in part like we've seen other people make in the past. I've installed drop in mag catches in other P32s and P3ATs with no problems. Instead of having a metal mag catch, I now have to spend an extra $34 plus shipping for a new grip.

That may not look that off, but it equals to a lot of material needing to be removed from the grip. Too much as a matter of fact. I still don't understand why Kel-Tec hasn't made factory metal mag catches for the P3AT/P32 since they have the same issues that prompted the metal catch upgrades they made for the PF9.

ETA: Just got off the phone with Mcarbo and they said that 1 in 5 P3ATs/P32s don't work with their mag catch. Strange since I don't think there's been any real change in the grip. Mine is the latest Gen P32, but I guess I have to stick with plastic catches until someone comes out with one that's closer to the original design.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am lucky enough to live down the street from where they are headquartered and I went there for the first time yesterday, I can say they are great people who make quality parts. I took My old P3AT in yesterday and purchased the mag catch latch and the takedown pin and even though I am very mechanically inclined they offered to install the items I purchased. The mag release/catch is wonderful, although they did say they were having trouble with some and some customers were experiencing some issues it seemed to be happening more with the P32 vs the P3AT. They have a great network of gunsmiths and really do quality work with Kel Tec products. They showed me around some and some of the products they offered. Can’t recommend them enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mcarbo pulled the mag catches from their website. I contacted them asking if they will be getting more in the future. Unfortunately they said they will no longer be offering them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mcarbo pulled the mag catches from their website. I contacted them asking if they will be getting more in the future. Unfortunately they said they will no longer be offering them.
That's too bad. I'm very pleased with mine, but I will acknowledge that 1 of my 6 mags doesn't want to catch without a lot of force. The other 5 work fine.
I plan on pulling that mag apart and filing the catch hole slightly on that one mag, as it seems to be a mag issue, not the catch itself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts