1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
I, too, have all of the Mcarbo offerings, Trigger, Guard, Springs, and including the replacement screw set. I'd advise to install all of them at one time, since disassembly and reassembly is an interesting task in and of itself. All good improvements though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I installed Mcarbo spring, trigger guard, screws and extender charging handle on both of my Gen 2 9mm & .40 S & W. Made a big difference in trigger pull. Real smooth. I also installed Kel-tec Heavy bolts. I tried the Sumo heavy charging handle but removed them due to bottoming out and mushrooming charging handle slot on bolt closed position. This caused galling on heavy bolt (Brass) and when installing Mcarbo kit noticed bolt was hard to remove due to galling. Even thought I opened slot for clearance I decided to go with Mcarbo charging handle. Works a lot better for me with Mcarbo charging handle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
at some point in the not-too-distant future I'm planning on getting the trigger and springs kit, but tell me what the benefit of the trigger guard is, unless the insides are weirder than I thought it shouldn't have much of an impact on accuracy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Trigger guard is the latch needed to release the front half for folding. And with metal being stronger than plastic ...........

Reactions: GL9CK

·
Registered
148 Posts
As KFSPA stated, "metal being stronger than plastic" is a good comment. It just made sense to me, too. Once installed, it is a little tighter than the factory guard, so breaking it to fold it makes me move my hands around a little to be able to apply more of a push down on the guard than just my trigger finger as before. I don't anticipate a need to do a fast fold. Once deployed, the work is done; cleanup should be a slow process. Anybody else find the replacement guard a little tight?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok. I can understand the post turning. But once its apart I would put the posts back in on the one side. Maye even with a little locktite to hold for the next time I took it apart. Just no reason to not tighten up the one side before putting the parts back in and having the posts moving around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.