Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I watched the videos 4 times. Looked easy enough, so I ordered all the stuff.

Last night I attempted the changeover. I watched M*Carbo's video as I followed along carefully. Things didn't go quite as easily as the video instructor made it out to be...... but finally, I did get everything installed and the rifle back together.

The trigger moved correctly. The transfer bar worked properly. Everything appreared right. I found that "appeared" is the operative word.

I charged the bolt and pulled the trigger........ nothing happened. No click, no hammer falling. Nothing. I don't know what I did wrong, but I'll be redoing it tonight.

I was hoping one of you guys experienced a similar problem and discovered the solution. I am hoping someone can tell what I'm supposed to look for.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
The trigger moved correctly. The transfer bar worked properly. Everything appeared right. I found that "appeared" is the operative word.

I charged the bolt and pulled the trigger........ nothing happened. No click, no hammer falling. Nothing. I don't know what I did wrong, but I'll be redoing it tonight..
He has multiple videos for the Sub2000 and I have "heard" that the one for the trigger guard is better at showing the multiple opportunities for mis-assembly with the springs etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed MCarbo springs, trigger and guard today. I ended up installing and taking apart the grip halves a few times until I got it right.

I think that the best thing to install the screws in the bottom half of the grip assembly once you put the buffer tube back in.

Then make sure that the hammer bushing, hammer, spring and pin are fully seated in the lower grip half.

The part of the video that discusses the importance of the movement of the trigger bar is key. The bar lays on top of the bushing, I initially didn't have the bushing and pin fully seated. That made it look as if the bushing was supposed to ride on the bar, when in fact the bar rides on the hammer pin. If the trigger bar is binding, the sear cannot be properly released to release the hammer.

When everything was properly seated, the top grip half snapped fully into place when I squeezed them together. With a part out of alignment, I still had a slight gap between the halves.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've installed them also, I noticed you need to watch the video on troubleshooting. There is a portion on the right-hand hand-grip that needs to be lightly sanded down, it made a huge difference for me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just ordered the new Glock Extended Mag Release for the S2K. I am waiting for a good reason to break the firearm down before I install the mag release. It can be a lot of fooling around just for that. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the new mag release, just not enough to break the S2K down to install it at this time. It may be that now that I have the locking collar in place and holding (Blue Loctite) , I hate to break it open.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just ordered the new Glock Extended Mag Release for the S2K. I am waiting for a good reason to break the firearm down before I install the mag release. It can be a lot of fooling around just for that. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the new mag release, just not enough to break the S2K down to install it at this time. It may be that now that I have the locking collar in place and holding (Blue Loctite) , I hate to break it open.
I'm in the same boat!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, after another 3 complete disassemblies and re-assemblies, I've still got a hammer that's cocked, a trigger that moves back and forth, but nothing after that. The rifle still fails to fire. I followed the videos (4 different ones) during each and every re-assembly. If I'm doing something wrong, I have no idea what it is or why it's failing to fire.

If you can see anything wrong (other than the hammer spring leg on the post), please tell me. The hammer spring leg was placed in the proper position prior to assembly.

My Sub2000 has become an expensive endeavor.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just did thus last night. It's hard to tell but is the sear spring missing? I can't be certain but it doesn't look like it's there. It's just to the right and slightly down of the hammer spring

·
Registered
670 Posts
Good FAQ for S2K

Excuse my lousy drawing, but the yellow line is where a spring should be.
Hey Gooman18 :D

Just a suggestion ~ there is a wonderful PDF in the Sub2000 & Sub9 FAQ's that has photos of the spring orientation with the springs painted red for visibility & illustration purposes. I hope this link works for you:

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/DisassemblySUB2000.pdf

I've used it several times; it was very useful to me. :cool:
AoG

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey Gooman18 :D

Just a suggestion ~ there is a wonderful PDF in the Sub2000 & Sub9 FAQ's that has photos of the spring orientation with the springs painted red for visibility & illustration purposes. I hope this link works for you:

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/DisassemblySUB2000.pdf

I've used it several times; it was very useful to me. :cool:
AoG
Thanks for that. It would have been uber helpful last night. The MCARBO video is good but he goes awful quick, I had to rewind quite regularly. Either way, I bought and installed the full upgrade kit with trigger and trigger guard, hopefully I don't have to crack it open again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is the hammer is the the full forward position during this and needs to be reset to the cocked position after the grips are put together and before the bolt installed. I'm also not even sure through if the bolt would go in with hammer all the way forward.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only other thing I can think of is the hammer is the the full forward position during this and needs to be reset to the cocked position after the grips are put together and before the bolt installed. I'm also not even sure through if the bolt would go in with hammer all the way forward.
Hammer was cocked.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.