M*CARBO buffer

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by bullpup-one, Feb 6, 2018.

1. bullpup-one

bullpup-one Active Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Has anyone yet tried the new M*CABRO buffer? Per their site it dampens the impulse equal to the tacticool buffer but is thin enough to be able to lock the bolt back, with it in place.
    A neat idea if it realy works as a good buffer.

2. rcbrough

rcbrough Member

Feb 7, 2018
    I used the Tacticool buffer but cut it down by 50% so I could lock the charging handle back. Combined with the Sumo heavy charging handle and a Tacticool bolt tube cover recoil is now negligible. And I don’t get tooth/jaw ache from shooting it! Made a bunch of other mods too but these are critical. Mounting a red dot on a high mount also helps as you have to get a very low check weld in order to use the iron sights. I swapped out the foreend with one from Red Lion Precision and added their rails and then a Sig Romeo5 red dot. Magic off the shoulder at 50 yards!

850sub and Detman101 like this.

3. MadRonin

MadRonin Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I installed one into my wife's Sub. The bolt locks back with no issues. Haven't shot it yet due to crappy weather.

Detman101 likes this.
  4. bullpup-one

Oct 6, 2013
    Thanks, glad it fits hopegully ibuffets as well as my tacticool one does

5. aasillak

aasillak Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Got mine last night along with the new folding notch rear sight and my bolt won’t lock back. Seems like the width is out of spec just a tad. Have not tried shooting or sanding the buffer down yet. Just something to note.

6. gsr

gsr Active Member

Sep 13, 2004
    I had to trim down my M*Carbo buffer to get the bolt to lock. I think it does what they claim it will do.

7. bullpup-one

Oct 6, 2013
    Trim it down in what way?

8. silverback

silverback Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Works great. Just like the other one. Every Mcarbo product I have purchsed has worked as advertised . I have lso installed the mossberg trigger kit and steel mag tube follower. They are great upgrades. Can't say enough good things.

9. aasillak

aasillak Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Like the thickness is holding the bolt from locking into the notch. Meaning the specs are off on the width of the buffer. The flat sides needs to be sanded down. I contacted Chris and see if it’s mine or just a bad batch.

10. silverback

silverback Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    They do have lifetime warranty so I am sure it will not be an issue. I got two one is red forget what color the other one is. The red one fit no problems . Maybe I should try the other one for fit.

11. bullpup-one

Oct 6, 2013
    Please let us know what Chris says, so I can plan on ordering now or wait a bit for it to be corrected if need be.
    Thanks
    BP-1

12. aasillak

aasillak Member

Apr 22, 2016
    I bought it last week so mine is the red on but slightly off spec I think. If I really muscle the bolt it’ll barely catch the corner but won’t fully lock in place and sling shots forward.

13. aasillak

aasillak Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Will do. I emailed him this morning.

14. silverback

silverback Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Just tried both work. Black and red. Must be a production clitch. I bought mine when they first came out.

15. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw Member

Nov 7, 2016
    The MCarbo buffer did make my 40 cal. Sub2K feel a little lighter in recoil and the charging handle locks back.

16. rcbrough

rcbrough Member

Feb 7, 2018
    That is correct and they do tell you that. Simply cut 2-3 slices off it. The bolt will then lock back. And it will be easy to rack the gun. And if you add the heavy charging handle and the Tacticool rubber boot tube cover recoil goes from horrible to negligible.

17. bullpup-one

Oct 6, 2013
    If your going down that pathway, I guess you could also add the heavy brass bolt to the sumo handle and the buffer to dampen it more, for the ultimate in recoil reduction.

18. rcbrough

rcbrough Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Sorry I was talking about the Tacticool buffer not M*Carbo’s. M*Carbo’s was on their website but not in production when I needed one. Tacticool’s design allows you to take slices off it easily to adjust the length of pull of the charging handle against maximum/minimum recoil available based on the length.

19. rpmstl

rpmstl Active Member

Oct 26, 2015
    I have the M*Carbo buffer.

It is slightly too thick and difficult to lock the bolt back. Can be done with force, but not as it should be. May break in after a few sessions.

20. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola