Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been ages since I last posted, but reading some of the stories here I’d say my family must have the luck of the Irish with our Kel Tecs.

I bought one of the first P-32s on the market, carried it daily and shot it plenty (spending more on ammo than the pistol – but it was just too darn fun to shoot). After it digested about 1200 rounds a tiny stress crack developed at the rear of the ejection port. Off to KT is went and without a question a brand new pistol arrived ten days later. I did the requisite F&B, ran a few hundred Fiocchi through it and gave it to my son, who carried it on his tour in Iraq as a last ditch backup.

I then bought a 1st Gen P3AT, carried and shot it plenty without a single hiccup. When my son returned from overseas the little P-32 was relegated to a shadowbox. Although never called upon, he said it gave him a little extra comfort margin. He replaced the now “keepsake” P-32 with a P3AT 2nd Generation. I liked his new 2nd Gen so much I bought one for myself.

All of our KTs got a thorough inspection, F&B and cleaning as well as the required 200 round break-in. All our KT bug guns have functioned flawlessly with only one single malfunction in my new one - attributed to my younger son limp wristing.

There are several dozen pistols in our family arsenal, but the inexpensive little KTs are by far the preferred carry pistols due to their weight, size and convenience. The only Kel Tec holdout in the family is my wife, who refuses to give up her S&W Centennial, but perhaps if KT made a handle for the P3AT in pink, we could get her onboard as well.

Now I agree that KT has some quality control issues and personally I’d be willing to pay a lot more for a better quality pocket gun. However, for the price its well worth the time and effort you may have to put into getting one that works.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Duffiedoo,
You know it's so good to hear words of thanks like that and they are appreciated by my son and entire family. Dropping a friend at the airport the other day a group of three dozen soldiers in cammies came through. They were led by a Delta Skycap, who proudly announced in a loud voice that the yound men and women were enroute to Iraq. The entire atrium rose and applauded - some cheered - as the passed. A far cry from when I walked through that same airport in uniform in 1973/74. Maybe there is hope for this country after all.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I was in tech school at Sheppard AFB in the Spring of 1973 when we were marched out onto the flight line to greet a plane load of former POWs who were arriving there. I don't know why they were coming to Witchita Falls, but we gave them a hell of a welcome. That's probaly the only one they got. :-/

·
Registered
86 Posts
rover said:
There are several dozen pistols in our family arsenal, but the inexpensive little KTs are by far the preferred carry pistols due to their weight, size and convenience. The only Kel Tec holdout in the family is my wife, who refuses to give up her S&W Centennial, but perhaps if KT made a handle for the P3AT in pink, we could get her onboard as well.
You should talk to Wilson about a pink one :p

If you are serious, call these guys up and see if they can do pink:

http://www.ccr-refinishing.com/

·
Registered
71 Posts
Telling you something that you may well already know, the term 'luck of the Irish' is heavily laced with irony. ::)
Glad your KelTecs worked, and really glad your boy is home safe, and we do thank him for his service.
I have another post on the subject, but is there anything else you can say about the 2nd gen P3AT?
Thnx,
Moon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.