1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
The reviews say 11% got junk and no service. The 66% that gave it 5 stars seem to love it. Seems risky. :confused:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have been looking into putting a red dot on my KSG. The Lucid HD7 seems to be built well and reasonably priced. Yes I know get an Aimpoint but I really do not want to tie up that much money in the optic. Call me cheap or whatever. Here it is on Amazon for about $185: http://www.amazon.com/Lucid-00201-L...=UTF8&qid=1455668188&sr=8-1&keywords=lucid+hd

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Larry
I have two Lucid HD7 one on my 7 1/2" Barrel 7.62x39 AR and the other on my HK USC that I converted to the UMP and SBR'd it and the scopes work great. I have not had one issue with them. I would buy them again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When they called to tell me they had KSG's in stock (after a 3 year wait) the same days I ran across an NIB EoTech I had put back in the box and shelved it.

Get something that will stand up to the recoil and the same goes for lights.

Karsten

·
Registered
48 Posts
For anyone looking for an affordable red dot, I recommend the Holosun Paralow 503c. It has a circle-dot reticle like the EOtech. Size of a T2 micro. Very well made. Comes with a Lower 1/3 co-witness riser and a low profile mount. If you are running a kydex cheek rest on your KSG, the riser is perfect. Downside is the button battery, but battery life is said to be 50k hours (with solar assist).

·
Registered
48 Posts
What are the top to bottom measurements of the KSG/Holosun together with the riser and the low mount?
From the very top of the elevation turret cap to the top surface of the KSG's rail, with 1/3 riser, it's approximately 2-3/8". I didn't bother removing and installing the low mount because it's completely useless on the KSG. No one in their right mind would use that low of a mount on a KSG, or AR.

The 503C itself, w/o any mounts or risers, is taller than a T1 or T2 because of the battery tray near the base of the sight. So if you were to use a T1/T2 compatible absolute co-witness riser (to which it is compatible with), you will not achieve absolute co-witness. If you want that, there is only one company making a riser for it: http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102&product_id=715

With that said, the lower 1/3 riser that comes with the 503C is well made enough that I see no reason to replace it. The 503C is made in China, likely the same manufacturer of Primary Arms Micro-dot. PA carries it. It's also available via Amazon.

Brightness can be adjusted manually or automatically. Auto-mode works very well outdoors. I believe you can switch it between dot and circle-dot as well. It comes with bikini caps. There is a different, larger, model that comes with anti-glare and flip caps. I didn't go for that in order to keep weight down.

Will probably pick up another 503c for my AR.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.