Love my new P3AT..but

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Mamba, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Mamba

Mamba New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    ...I'm used to my P-11 when it comes to pull'n the disassembly pin. Why oh why didn't KT follow a similar design, rather than that wimpy teeny tiny button? Takes me several attempts to get under the lip without scratch'n the slide or distorting the button edge (using spent casing).  >:(

2. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    It can be kinda hard to get out. I ended up using a thin flat head screwdriver to get mine out..

John

3. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    are you pulling back the slide before you remove the pin? that will give you the required space between the slide and the pin. also what i did was put a couple layers of tape on the back of the case then trimmed the excess tape with scissors. i use this shell to take the pin out without scratching the slide. it gives the case a little buffer.

4. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Since the P3 does not have a slide lock..................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have found this to be quite handy in removing that pesky little pin.

;) :D

5. Chris_L.

Chris_L. Guest

I also use a thin flat screwdriver.

6. JB

JB Guest

I couldn't find a screwdriver that was thin enough. I use a butter knife - easy to grip, very thin and has rounded edges so I don't stab myself or gouge the AT if I slip but sturdy enough to do the job. Works pretty well.

7. Drop the mag....clear the chamber...check to ensure empty gun...visually and with pinky finger in the chamber.

Check the gun is clear AGAIN.

I pull the slide back a bit and hold it back with my left hand and use right hand I use a small bore patch slipped between a thin screwdriver and the slide to pop the pin.

8. guru2sum

guru2sum Active Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Mad City, Wisconsin
    Good question, and lots of great tips. Thanks. ;)

G2S

9. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    that lighter idea is genious. Just hope the plastic doesn't crack and get lighter fluid all over. Maybe i'll cut down a small block of wood and put in my cleaning kit for just that trick.

10. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    While holding the slide back about 1/4" (it takes the pressure off the pin), I use a small screwdriver with some tape wrapped around it near the tip of the blade so it won't mar the slide.

Bobo

11. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    With as many P3ATs as I have (had) I have never had to do anything except hold the slide open with one hand and use the round that I just ejected from the chamber.

-Scott

12. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    +1 on the lighter

You can also hold the slide open with an empty 380 auto case. I saw that on this forum once, it works.

CK