Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
It would rattle the glass but there was not any space to put anything bigger without cutting on the car for more than I wanted to spend... The really big stuff won't fit unless you got an old 70s drop top. Shoulda kept that galaxy...

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
I've heard folks theorize that high-pitched volume kills your ears faster than low-pitched sound. I doubt it. Loud is still loud. Stuff like this makes me wonder exactly how long it takes before the kid owning such a vehicle is almost completely deaf. I'm thinking somewhere close to six months...

(Skip ahead to 0:20)

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Back in the 90's I had a set of 10's behind the seat of my single cab Ford Ranger. It was the bomb diggity back in those days. All that and a bag of chips 🤣

I'm not saying trunk rattlin', eye jarring, ear splitters are wrong, I'm just saying I understand.

The volume knob turns both ways these days 😉

·
Registered
590 Posts
I often fantasize about giving up a nights sleep to lie in wait between my house and the stockade fence next to me and putting a few dents in their cars with my pellet rifle as they blow by.
Ah, so YOU are the shooter in the Grassy Knoll, shooting from behind the fence! ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's with these bozos with that annoying glass shaking loud bass? It's not music that I can hear. .I don't hear any lyrics or other instruments. Just BOOM BOOM BOOM. It's usually the punks with those small whiz bang cars. It's discourtesy in my book. Driving thru a residential area even in the middle of the night. My wife has medical problems and sometimes takes a nap. Then these clowns, usually speeding also, come flying thru. and wake up the dead. Worse if your sleeping at night. What do they get out of it?
It’s called freedom!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go as loud as you want.....as long as it sounds good! I can't stand rattles in my bass! If someone has a tasteful rig with solid thumps and no annoying rattles, it doesn't bother me a bit. If someone spend more on "bass" then they did on their car, it does bug me a lil. At the end of the day tho, it's not my business unless they're parked in front of my house (which ain't happenin' in the rural area I live in). I do love some good thump tho!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Marlin Perkins would say... Its the male Howler monkey trying to attracting a female by seeing who can be louder! We all should invest in hearing aid companies & make a bundle of cash.
Do you remember when you were a kid & the cop would pull you over for your loud exhaust?... I miss those days !!

·
Super Moderator
9,979 Posts
This isn't an old fogy doesn't like modern music thing. While it's true that all of the good music was made when I was a teenager, this mega loud bass car stereo issue isn't a qualitative assessment. It's about violating international weapons treaties. Rearranging internal organs is not music.

It's true that anyone inside the car couldn't hear a pellet gun, but it's also true that they couldn't hear a .223. Or crank it up to 11 and put a 50 BMG armor piercing incendiary projectile into the engine block.

I kid! I kid!

Reactions: RAT76
21 - 32 of 32 Posts