lots of bad reviews, love this gun

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by frye22, May 16, 2010.

1. frye22

frye22 New Member

May 16, 2010
    shot 8 inch target with factory irons from 150yds with remington hyper velocity ammo. Those remi's also stopped the jamming and misfires for me.

one question though how do i check if i have an early vin model?

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Glad you love your SU-22. I'm awfully fond of mine.

Who is posting bad reviews of the SU-22?

I'm not sure what you mean by "early vin model". The serial numbers are sequential, although they aren't decimal numbers. They're a weird numbering system, I think it's base 34. The first batch was supposedly 100 SU-22 rifles, and they didn't have the improved feed ramp profile to lessen the feed jams or the lower cutout on the ejection port to prevent ejection jams.

With a lot more ammo through your SU-22, you'll probably find that its reliability improves and it becomes less ammo sensitive.

3. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Mine's been flawless for around 800 rounds. (yeah, I know Bruce, I need to shoot it more. :) If it ever drys up and warms up I plan on running a bunch more through it.) It will even feed Remington Goldens now.

4. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I must have gotten the odd one out. I had to send mine back and they said it had a receiver problem. Now it's perfect thru 2000 rounds or so...  LOVE THIS GUN!  ;D