Looks like the P3AT is for me!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by LLDJR, Oct 9, 2009.

1. LLDJR

LLDJR New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Went to my local dealer and I really like the size of the P3... :)

This with a mag extension and a belt clip and i should be ready to go.

I guess a break in is required, not sure what the dry fire issue is, I will have to check into this and search your site

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

3. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Hi and welcome !!  I own 2 of these little guns and never really needed to break them in at all.  I never had a problem from day one ..about. 1.5 years. I did not need to do a Fluff and Buff on either. After every range shoot I clean and lube and place one in front pocket..ALL THE TIME.  This site had a lot of good tips like taking care of your mag catch. These are the neatest guns made in my opinion.  Good luck and enjoy.  Almost forgot to tell you to be careful with the pin spring when removing for cleaning. Press down on each side of the pin on the frame to keep that spring in place. Also I never dry fire my P3AT's...never. Count them when you are at the range to avoid an accidental dry fire and cause possible damage. Read as many of these posting as you can to learn.  These folks are great for help.  See ya

4. RangerNDog

RangerNDog New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Welcome. I got my first P3AT a few months ago and have never had a problem with it. The first day I got it I went to the ranger and went through 50 rounds with out a problem. I have went through a lil over 200 rounds and I have yet to have a jam. It is a great gun.

5. gordon11

gordon11 Active Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Welcome to KTOG!
    I've been a P-11 owner for a few years but recently got my first p3at as well.  It has become my favorite gun that I've ever owned.  It's with me almost 24/7.  I did have a few jams (feed failures) during the first couple of mags but none since - 150 trouble-free so far.  If it wasn't for time constraints and ammo availability I'd probably have 500+ rounds through it.

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard!

Had lots of issues with my first P3AT (J2Rxx) all of which were fixed with help from folks here at KTOG. No issues with my 2nd P3AT (JPMxx). Makes a great carry gun, as a primary when nothing else is practicle or as a BUG when you can carry something with more snot.

Take care...