Looking to add a P3at to my 380 collection

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Mpanova, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Mpanova

Mpanova New Member

May 27, 2011
    Houston TX
    I'm looking to pick up a used P3at to add to my small pocket 380 collection. What would you guys say is a fair price to pay for the various versions out there? Are the colored grips or slides more expensive then the all black when they are used?

Here is my 380 collection so far
    [​IMG]

2. MitchSS

MitchSS New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    If you can stand brown keep an eye out for CDNN's add. They usually have them for around $200.

I recently picked up a billfold brown PF9 and it was a great transaction.

3. Holiday009

Holiday009 Guest

Nice collection you have there !
    Like Mitch already said, the Billfold Brown p3at through cdnn is a great deal. I have had one for about 4 months now, and more than pleased with it.
    The The hard chrome models, when you can find them, seem to bring a slight premium over all others. It's hard to say what a good price is for a used one, depends on what condition it's in. I have seen used models go for anywhere from 150 up to 300.

As far as the grip color, grey, green and black are standard. Navy & brown are/were a limited run.
    Hope you find the right one at a good price ! Never have seen a collection of 380 pocket guns like that, that didn't already have a p3at in it ;D
    Let us know what one you decide on.

4. Mpanova

Mpanova New Member

May 27, 2011
    Houston TX
    Thanks! I'll keep my eye on CDNN. I just picked up a brown PF9 so it would be a good color for me to get in a P3at.

5. Holiday009

Holiday009 Guest

I like the Brown grip frame ! If nothing else, it's different.

6. Mpanova

Mpanova New Member

May 27, 2011
    Houston TX
    I am a huge fan of different!

7. Crazy_Horse

Crazy_Horse New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    How do u like that Smith and Wesson?

8. Toney_D

Toney_D Active Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Nice collection!!!

9. Mpanova

Mpanova New Member

May 27, 2011
    Houston TX
    I just got the Smith and have not had a chance to shoot it. It feels great so I'm sure it will shoot good too.

10. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Neat idea, a .380 collection.

After firing the Smith would you post, of the ones you have, which is your favorite and why?

Thanks,
    Bill K.

11. Mpanova

Mpanova New Member

May 27, 2011
    Houston TX
    I bought the Smith as a bit if a novelty pistol because I have an original gray and stainless Sigma and I love it. The SW380 feels a lot like it and it's pretty rare and I only paid 200 bucks cash so I just had to have it

As far as the other 380's the Sig would be hands down my favorite and is the best shooter. The Sig is the best quality of the bunch too but it also cost twice the price. I am a big 1911 fan also. Next I would say the Taurus and the LCP have the same quality but the Taurus is the better shooter, followed closely by the Diamondback

12. gbarber010

gbarber010 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Prattville, AL
    How is the Diamondback doing. I've heard of some problems on the earlier models, wondering if they worked those issues out.

13. Mpanova

Mpanova New Member

May 27, 2011
    Houston TX
    The diamondback is not bad, it's very basic and the quality is decent but since I picked mine up at Academy for $229 I didn't expect it to be on par with the Sig or even the TCP and LCP. It shoots anything I feed it and it's my daily back pocket pistol.

14. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Thanks for the rankings.

In addition to the P3AT is there a Kahr P380 in your future?

15. Mpanova

Mpanova New Member

May 27, 2011
    Houston TX
    Not a big fan of the Kahr pistols. I feel they are over priced for the quality. I know I would like to pic up a P3at and If I ran across a good deal on the bodyguard I'm sure I would get that as well. I thought I might get one of those I.O. Hellcats but I am waiting to see one in person to see how the quality is.

16. calcman

calcman New Member

Jun 12, 2011
    TX
    Seing as a new gun is going to cost in the $220 range, I don't think I'd go over $170 for a used one. A talking point in the purchase of a used one - especially in the case of a used 3AT - is howcome it's on the market. Some of them are problematic, it seems.

17. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    I was looking through all my distributors today and only Davidsons has any p3at's. Pretty much only distributor with anything besides p32's. Anyway I came across a model I have never seen for sale in any of the stores around here. Desert tan with matching slide. Very cool looking. You also pay a about $30.00 more for it but I guess since it's a custom paint job thats not all that bad. Here is a photo...

[​IMG]

Then again I like different and here is a photo of my daily carry p3 with 3k+ rounds through it...

[​IMG]