Looking for Holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by robin.kevin, Apr 12, 2011.

1. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

I am looking for a holster for my p3at. Here's some of the traits I am looking at...

No pocket holster
    Prefer leather
    Either cross draw or 4oclock carry
    Would like a thumb break
    Open and conceal carry able

The thumb break I could live with out though I would like to have not completely needed. Thus far I have been looking at the NRA Slide Holster, a DeSantis adjustable IWB Holster, or some kind of pancake/slide holster... I am still pretty open on options... Any advice?

2. CavMedic

CavMedic New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I just bought a Cobra Gunskin IWB holster for my p3at with crimson trace. I am 5'7'' and 175 pounds. A lot of the guys can hide two liter bottles without detection but I cannot. This holster is perfect for front or back carry. It also has a loop if you want to wear it out on a belt. The clip is big enough to clip entirely on my belt without budging. I love this holster. It frees up my pockets and I barely feel the pistol at my side. Mind you, I also have a desantis pocket and belt holster.....this on takes the cake. I got it for 25 bucks. Cant beat that deal

3. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

Must say I like the look of that holster, would prefer pancake style for OWB but with dual carry that is more than likely very hard to find. Where did you buy yours from? I haven't seen any and google brings up images from Kahr forums  :-/...

I found their website... still like to find one for $25 ;) lol

They look like nice thin holsters... but seems to be no sizing selection on their website almost like a one size fits all? The pictures show Sigs and Glocks in the holsters which tells me too big for the p3at... Still looking

4. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

5. CavMedic

CavMedic New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Unfortunately buddy, I bought it here in Miami at a great police supply shop. The attendant just handed me the right size. Its made out of leather and is a bit thicker than the desantis but I think the quality is better and it has the added option to put on a belt. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] These pics show my P3AT with crimson trace and the new holster. Not bad man, at six feet and 200 pounds you will have no trouble forgetting this thing is in your waistband. Btw, I carry Corbon DPX in it.....they seem to be the best.

6. CavMedic

CavMedic New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    For some reason I cannot send pics through here. I am pressing the image button and copy and pasting the image file in the brackets but its still not coming out. Sorry man, I wish I could help more. It is out there and I did pay 25 for it.

I did also hear about a really nice looking (as well as comfortable) at http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Mr_Softy/_mr_softy.html
    check it out....looks nice. You gotta realize that fabric holsters are thicker, leather are thinner, but the thinnest are kydex. I just like leather over kydex. It looks better and breaks in nicely. Good luck

7. huckle

huckle New Member

Jan 15, 2010
  8. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

I have also saw High Noon Mr. Softy and they have another one that's the same with a cant on it. They too seem like good holsters, how is the retention on a open top leather IWB holster?

Also heard other great things about Crossbreed and looking at maybe getting a Kholster which is just like Crossbreed but a little cheaper.

Thanks for the ammo advice as well I will look into those I have a box of Hornady Critical Defense which seem like they would do the job. However I haven't done any tests with them.

9. CavMedic

CavMedic New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Its good on its own but you must remember, IWB is gonna create a sandwich effect on it so it slipping out really wont be an issue. I dont wear my pants very tight around my waist and there is still plenty of retention in the holster

10. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

Good point that I had not thought about.

11. TK421

TK421 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I have the Mr. Softy from High Noon Holsters.  I find the fit is very tight, and I have no concerns about retention.  Overall the holster is well made, and I can barely feel it.  One note:  the Mr. Softy is a straight draw, so works best from the hip forward.  If you plan to wear the holster behind your hip, you might be better with the Bare Asset, which is identical but has a 15 degree forward cant.  High Noon's site has recommended carry positions with a diagram for each holster, and their customer service/guarantee can't be beat.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

12. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

Bare asset is the one I was thinking of before. I like the tension screw in the High Noon holsters but am attracted to the adjustment of the DeSantis Sof Tuck... also like the dual carry of DeSantis Dual Carry and the Cobra Skin IWB...

Decisions decisions...

13. LostBits

LostBits Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I have a crossbreed super tuck (for my Sig) and I really like it. It was quite expensive though. If you are planning to carry all day, that is the way to go. It's easy to forget it's even there. I have desk job and I've been able sit all day with a fairly large Sig P250 and had no comfort issues what-so-ever with it.