Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me find an old magazine article.

As part of my amateur research, I would like to read an article from the June 1986 issue of Combat Handguns.

The article is on the QUELL System, developed by Paris Theodore, the designer of the ASP expanding baton. I've located the '86 American Hunter magazine article and found many first-hand accounts, remembrances, and ramblings online concerning it. I've completely exhausted internet searches.

If you know where to find a copy of this article, please let me know.

Also, if you have first-hand training and experience in the QUELL System, I'd love to ask a few questions and chat with you about it. The system, apparently, gained brief acceptance in the Law Enforcement community and there was some official departmental training for it here and there. Also, if you have any official documents from Police Force training, I'd love to browse those as well.

Thanks!

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm still looking for this. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you try google books?
Yes.

I even contacted Combat Handguns directly and asked if they have it in their archives so that I could buy a reprint or photocopy. They don't. That really surprised me. Why would they not keep copies of their own publication?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
https://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4549

I found this article. Did you look for the patent?
Yeah. I found that one, and several others, some time back. I downloaded the patent details. I've also read a couple of bios of the man and a somewhat lengthy obit from when he passed. He was, apparently, quite a character.

I've been trying to collect the articles on his QUELL system for over a year now. There were 3 from big name gun magazines, and this is the last of them.

[Happy Happy Joy Joy]

:)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
422 Posts
FWIW, I understand that Kevin Parsons founded ASP in Wisconsin & developed the collapsible/expanable batons (among other things)...Paris Theodore developed the ASP covert pistol, with guttersnipe sight (among other things), in NY.

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FWIW, I understand that Kevin Parsons founded ASP in Wisconsin & developed the collapsible/expanable batons (among other things)...Paris Theodore developed the ASP covert pistol, with guttersnipe sight (among other things), in NY.
What I have read is that ASP company was founded by Theodore and eventually sold off. I don't remember if that was before his death or after, or after he was diagnosed.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts