Looking for ankle & pocket holsters

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Thatguy331, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Thatguy331

Thatguy331 New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Hey all, I have a P-3AT on order, I should receive it in a few weeks.

While I'm waiting, I'd like some advice on the best ankle and pocket holsters for the P-3AT.

I'd like both options for carrying (either ankle or pocket).

Thanks for any advice! :)

2. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006

3. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    I use this one with my P3AT, S&W 357 AirLite, and Kahr PM40 : http://www.politesociety.com/ankle.htm

There is a pocket area just above the barrel that I use for a spare mag when toting the P3AT or Kahr, or I use it to hold a "speed strip" with 6 rounds of 357 when carrying my S&W. I have also folded it and put it in my pocket for pocket carry when needed. It's the most comfortable holster I have tried, and I have tried quite a few. The design makes it comfortable - wide flexible strap; and keeps the weapon nice and close against your calf. I dare ya to try any other for ankle carry - this is the one you'll be keeping.

After I bought the ArmalLaser, I cut the lower threads and found it fits perfectly. Bought an AL for my Kahr also and it fits the same holster. The Kahr is a tad too heavy, though, to be as comfortable in this holster as the P3AT and 357 AirLite are.

[​IMG]

4. hotwheels

hotwheels Guest

An ankle holster is pretty comfortable for daily wear, but your KELTEC is going to require daily maintenance and you will need lots of practice in drawing from one. They're not easy to master.

5. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
  6. hotwheels

hotwheels Guest

...maybe try hitting the Enter key twice?

7. NAS_T_MAG

NAS_T_MAG New Member

Mar 5, 2008
  8. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    I really tried to ignore the ankle holster but I can't hold back any longer.
    Don't.
    Think about what you have to do to retrieve your gun in a response situation or
    impending self defense. If your a LEO, plainclothes fine, no objections since you have back up observing. I can only see disaster otherwise. If you bend over your offering your face to someone's knee, you bring your leg up and your standing on only one leg, no balance. The 3rd alternative is too throw your self backwards and use remaining 2 limbs to try to fight off an attacker while you attempt to retrieve your weapon. Now, that's multi-tasking. Ask some one who is into martial arts, boxing (leading with your chin) or self defense about bending over into an opponent or ground fighting with half your weapons.
    As I told someone before it's better than a rubber knife but not as easy to get too.
    There are better ways to carry (pocket holster for one). Please think about
    alternatives. I would hate to see some good guy get hurt.
    If anyone is offended that wasn't my intent, if I made you think, great.
    Flame away, but that's my opinion and experience.
    Norton

9. keltec-NK

keltec-NK New Member

May 23, 2007
  10. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    I bought a couple of the De Santis Nemesis holsters. In tight pants they print pretty good so next time I hit the road I will stop at my favorite leather shop and have them mold some semi soft for it and sew it to the bottom of them.
    Then slipping the hand between that shield and the gun does the trick.

11. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Hey, Norton --
    No flame, because you're right... mostly. As a primary weapon retention system, an ankle holster is a BAD idea. However, it is a great place for deep concealment for a BUG. It's where my P3-AT lives (In a DeSantis Apache ankle rig -- my favorite, and quite inexpensive, too). Of course, if it's there, my PF9 is in my strong side front pocket.

-Matt