Looking for a good ankle holster.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BigTony, Dec 13, 2010.

1. BigTony

BigTony New Member

Dec 4, 2010
    I'd like to hear some opinions on a good quality ankle holster for my P-3AT. I'd rather not have to buy 3 or 4 to find out which ones are better made or more comfortable.
    Any opinions/recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

2. autobahn

autobahn New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I bought an ankle holster from these guys:

http://stores.ebay.com/D-T-Holster-Store?_rdc=1

It's just a cheapie but I use it once or twice a week. When I use it, I wear it for 1-6 hours. It's always comfortable. Works fine.

Best of luck.

3. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I have a Fobus for my P32 and it's not bad but not great. It's comfortable and holds the gun securely but it adds alot of bulk to the gun. I would like a good one for my P3at that I could wear with boots on but I don't think the Fobus would work very well. I'll be checking back to see other ideas. I'm not really a fan of ankle carry but it would be good to have the option while at work. Good luck with your search.

CJ

4. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=506885

I bought one like this at my LGS. It comes with the calf strap which is a must even with the P3AT. The calf strap limits how far down your ankle the holster can go even with dress shoes or sneakers. You don't want it to be too tight though around the ankle or the calf under your knee. Too tight can cause a blood clot that will kill a person if it goes through the heart. I have found that some pairs of my jeans are easier to use it with than others. I prefer boot cut jeans for this reason. I have one pair though that is not and it causes me some issues.

I wear mine on my left inside ankle. I tried it on the outside of my right ankle but the drape if my pants revealed the bulk. On the inside, the drape of all my pants even jeans doesn't reveal anything up my pant leg. The only times I don't use it to carry my P3At are when I'm wearing cowboy boots, (the P3AT works well in a small pocket holster in the top of my boot.) or if the only gun I'm carrying is my P3AT which is rare but it happens.

5. Aldaytona

Aldaytona New Member

Feb 17, 2007
    I have a Fobus for my "J" frame S&W and it works great. It is hard on the cosmetic finish (scratches/gouges) though and I wouldn't even consider using one for my parkerized P3AT.
    I also have a Pro Tech ankle holster for the "J" frame, worked good before the elastic wore out. Not as good as the Fobus.
    I too am looking for a decent ankle holster.