Looking for 9x18 Mak and .327 Fed Mag brass

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by billjohnso20, Dec 7, 2010.

1. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I'm looking for brass to load both 9 Mak and .327 Federal Magnum rounds. Both are as hard to come by as fly buggers. If anyone has some of either lying around that you're not going to do anything with, I might be where I can take some of it off your hands.

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008

3. jonnin

jonnin Active Member

Sep 28, 2010
    A dumb question, but can you stretch 380 brass to make a workable makarov reload? You can shoot 380 in a mak already, but its not quite wide enough by a very small amount. Seems like you could press 380 cases over a steel rod the exact diameter and convert the cases, if very careful (??). Same for standard 9mm, actually, if you have one of those case trimmer thingys that people talk about (???).

I could save you my mak brass, but you are talking a box every few months, and only what does not go forward of me at the range (we cannot reclaim it forward of the line). It would be some time before I had enough to be interesting to you.

4. billjohnso20

Dec 7, 2008
    Uhm, no you can't mod .380 brass. And you only shoot .380 through your 9x18 pistol if you want to burn it up. The bullet is so under sized the gases will burn the rifling out of the barrel. Never, never shoot ammo through a gun it wasn't designed to shoot. It's a tragedy waiting to happen.

As to 9mm brass yes it can be modified. Both cartridges have same base; that's why it's classified as a 9mm round even though the bullet is much larger. I have 100 9mm brass I've cut down, die formed, and then fire formed. They work just fine but it's a real pain in the butt to do.

Thanks for the offer of your once fired brass. If you do decide to shoot any of it up, let me know.

5. jonnin

jonnin Active Member

Sep 28, 2010
    ah its the 9mm that can be cut down? I do not reload and knew that *something* could be modified to make cases but not exactly what. I knew you shouldn't shoot 380 in a mak as-is (need a barrel replace), but that you can do it (*can* and *should* being different things!) so I was guessing that was the case that could be converted. Someday I will have to get into reloading so I can sort out what is what with it :)

Yea I slowly shoot it up. I ran a box this weekend, going to guess that I have 100 or so empties on hand now. I will toss you a PM and we can work out the details. Its still, and probably always will be, one of my favorite guns to shoot.

6. billjohnso20

Dec 7, 2008
    Thanks, Ronnin. PM received and replied to.

7. billjohnso20

Dec 7, 2008
    Jon,

Thank you, my friend. I got your package in the mail today. I dropped them in my tumbler as soon as I got them in the house. I'm looking forward to taking the new loads to the range. Merry Christmas.

David