Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a SIG Bravo5 5x fixed scope. I want to shoot 500-600 yards. Is that possible with this gun? I heard the non-free floated barrel takes away from that.

Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am thinking about getting a SIG Bravo5 5x fixed scope. I want to shoot 500-600 yards. Is that possible with this gun? I heard the non-free floated barrel takes away from that.

Thanks
There is literally video with a guy shooting at steel (with a red dot on an RDB) at 500 yards..So ya..its doable..

Heres the video..

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
0 yards.
Boolits too expensive to blow now.
Hoarding has created unintended new "gun control".
That was stupid, I know. In "sone people's minds, gun control is no guns or, at least, making guns too expensive to obtain or shoot at all. But the ammo and gun hoarding has caused a run in prices and shortages of inventory, ergo, the same result.
So yes, I have been "gun controlled" As I refuse to waste ammo until prices go down.

I last bought my 5.56 @ .35 cents. =$700
Selling that same ammo today @ $1.35/round would net me around $2k.
Should I sell? Will prices droop? Is anyone panicked enough to pay that for ammo?
Yes is the answer to all. But we 2Aers value our 2A and the guy like me who has just a few cans on hand, isn't going to trade that.
But lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
I don't always believe these videos.
Theres editing and money. The two together make believable lies.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't always believe these videos.
Theres editing and money. The two together make believable lies.
Lol there will always be editing.
I dont think these guys are big enough to make money and they have done more than just the Rdb at 500yrds.

If this was Mac or any of the big channels,I'd be inclined to agree.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have never shot my RDB over 100 yards due to the lack of proper range around me...

However, if your concern is that a non free floating barrel will take away your ability to shoot 600 yards, I would say you are worried about the wrong thing. The 20 inch RDB is basically the same rifle as an M16A1 from the perspective of the ballistics and having a non-free floating barrel. USMC is known to use M16 series to qualify on 600 meter range. What really matters here is the fundamental of marksmanship.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never shot my RDB over 100 yards due to the lack of proper range around me...

However, if your concern is that a non free floating barrel will take away your ability to shoot 600 yards, I would say you are worried about the wrong thing. The 20 inch RDB is basically the same rifle as an M16A1 from the perspective of the ballistics and having a non-free floating barrel. USMC is known to use M16 series to qualify on 600 meter range. What really matters here is the fundamental of marksmanship.
Good point. I did not think of that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Using prone position with the handguard resting on my pack as close to the trigger as possible, shooting Federal American Eagle 55gr FMJ .223rem out of 20" barrel RDB-C topped with a Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40, I was shooting about a 3" group at 100yds. I thiink I maybe be able to do better with more magnification and match ammo but that's a pricey proposition.

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts

There is more to it. Piston guns typically get stringing when they get hot. The gas block is too busy and has more mass to effect heat stressors on a barrel. If a piston gun can achieve 300 yard MOM, that's a combination of really good gun and good shooter

·
Registered
478 Posts
There is more to it. Piston guns typically get stringing when they get hot. The gas block is too busy and has more mass to effect heat stressors on a barrel. If a piston gun can achieve 300 yard MOM, that's a combination of really good gun and good shooter
You know...Theres a while channel called 9hole reviews that shoot all manner of rifle up to 500 yards..check em out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts