Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Locked up PF9

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Inusuit 
#1 ·
I field stripped my PF9 to clean it. Have done this several times with no issues. Upon reassembly I inserted the assembly pin and the gun is locked up with the front of the slide about 3/4" behind the muzzle. I obviously got the pin in wrong position. The head of the pin lines up with the slide stop notch, but I cannot get it out and the slide only moves about 1/4". Any suggestions? Back to KelTec? I hate to mess with shipping it.

Thanks for any help.

#6 ·
Update to OP. I put the pistol aside for a couple of months, did some research, and was finally able to get it apart. I put tape on the frame and slide, padded a screwdriver with duct tape. The slide had a bit of motion, so I pushed up and down on it against the edge of my workbench while putting pressure on the pin with the screwdriver. When I hit the sweet spot, the pin popped out and I could get the gun apart. And then reassembled correctly! Live and learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.