Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Dave, I'm new to the forum but not to the gun world. I recently bought a new keltec pf9 and I took it out to the range. I didnt have alot of time but i put about 30 rounds through it.

When i came home I watched a few videos before i cleaned it so i knew exactly how to field strip it. I stripped it, cleaned it, I went to reassemble the gun I slid the slide back pushing down on the barrel and locked the slide back but for the life of me i can not get the lock pin to click in without pushing down the the retainer spring with a piece of wire. All the videos i have watched you could just push the pin back in, but mine will not.

Has anyone else had this problem. I know its not a huge problem but i just want everything on the gun to work like it should.

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had this problem, I never had to use anything to make it click but it was a chore. It has gotten alot better,goes in just like on the videos now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried for a while and it would not go in with just pushing on it. I had to carefully push the spring down or else it would not go in. I dont know if it is something i should be concerned about or not.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Well... The good side is...
You know the pin won't 'Walk' out on you while shooting. There's a few former members that would have preferred your situation. :) Believe it or not, That 'problem' is a good thing.

Mine was like that when it was new. It got easier after disassembling it a few dozen times. If it doesn't get easier as time goes on, you can bend that wire (slide stop spring) downward a bit, but you do want a good firm fit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
mopar, Instead of pushing on the part of the pin that has the notch in it, try using the VERY TIP of your finger on the part of the pin that sits INSIDE the slide. this worked for me. RObz mine got lots easier as I disassembled it time after time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mopar, I also am having the same issue, but I found a tiny flat head screw driver works. I hope with time it gets better but not too loose.

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

-- Booker T. Washington

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had this problem with my PF-9, which nearly drove me nuts until I figured out a solution:
When pushing the lock pin inwards, first apply a counter-clockwise pressure on the pin, then, pressing the pin home, reverse the applied torque (i.e. turn it clockwise). This usually works every time for me, though sometimes I have to try twice. YMMV.

Huffy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts