Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long and kinda slow weekend at the area gunshow. Sat was o.k. but Sudday was slow. Too many ARs for 1K and .300 Blackout pistols that guys wanted to sell for 1,500.00. Other stuff coming in he door wasn't priced too bad. I am just too cheap. Pancho El Cheapo finally scored on Sunday.

Guy came by with this at 4 bills. He had bought it at the January show and shot 50 rounds through it. then he tried to C.C. it......for 2 weeks. He brought it back for somehing lighter and thought he would get most of his $ back to put into a d Glock compact. Well, that wasn't happening, claimed his best offer was 3 bills and all that would get him was something like a Taurus 9 compact and no ammo. Told him I would match the 3 and bump it another 50 for ammo if it did the deal right now. I had been waiting around for a nice RIA .45 to show up or something similar. But all I saw all weekend were High dollar Kinmbers, Springers, Sigs, & even Colts. So take it or leave it 350. SOLD.

Gun was not fancy, just a blasck finished one. It did have a round hammer, combat sights, large serrations on the slide front & back, long skeletionized trigger, plain plastic checkered grips, and a huge beavertail grip safety that was of no use to me cause I ain't affected by hammer bite. Trigger let off eas nice, but just a bit of creep. slide locked positively, safety lever felt a bit light,b ut did work fine. It was an ambi-safety. Flat mainspring housing with a rather heavy mainspring. May get a lighter one.

Best thing was that the gun shot to the POA. Last one I had was likethis, but shot @ a foot and a half low. I did not keep it. I can live with this one. It was very accurate, even for a guy with advanced gluacoma shooting it. I had problems with reaching the long trigger with my short fingers, but used gun buyers can't be ral picky. Beavertail grip safety also dragged on the receiver a bit, That can be corrected. It fed the cheapo aluminum case Fed ammo perfectly well too. Locked up on last shot real solid and slide stop released on a fresh mag with little effort. the nice Mec-Gar mags provided with it have built in plastic bumper pads on the bottom for postive seating with your hand and they load 8 rounds really smooth compared to G.I. mags.

Muy buena pistola with a few tweaks.

http://www.bersaforum.com/photo/taurus-pt-1911-422.html

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would make that trade Fido. I have had 3 different PT-145 Mil Pros. They worked fine, but just all shot way too low for what I liked. Also kinda bulky for concealed carry. Well, for me anway. And once ya loaded it, it was way too heavy with all that .45 acp ammo. Still have one PT0140. It's a little smaller, but still heavyonce ya load it. with them fat .40s.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found out the reason this one shoots to the POA. The guys on the Taurus site said that some guns had mixed up rear sights either Heinie or Novak. You were not sure which one ya got. Some were way low. SUpoosedly, Taurus made the wrong sights good. Of course that meant sending it back. Not for me. Too much expense & hassle.

Well, this gun apparently has had a set of Trijicon sights added a definiite plus for someone that can see them at night, I can't. Anyway, they are properly metered for this gun, so it shoots where ya aim it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.