List of workable accessories?

Discussion in 'CP33 22 LR Semi-auto Pistol' started by Roderic Sisk, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Roderic Sisk

Roderic Sisk Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Hey folks,

Just bought my CP33 a few days ago. I’ve already got the Farrow Tech brace adapter but am looking at other options to trim it out.

I’m specifically looking for hand/finger/barricade stops / AFGs, etc... Anyone have a list of such products that work with the CP33? Stopped by my local shop to confirm that the Magpul M-Lok AFG does not fit. I know of the couple of 3D printed ones specific to the platform, but am not crazy about either.

Also, what’s the biggest M-Lok rail section folks have fit underneath it? Maybe the Magpul hand stop rail kit would be the way to go?

Thanks for your time.

2. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    Hi Roderick, welcome to the forum! I'll help as much as I can as limited as that is.

I put a 3 rail section on it for hand stops and such but in the end just removed it and ditched the idea. I did put a H&K pattern 3 lug adapter on the muzzle to extend it a bit and for what it's intended for (a can). In use the 3 lug extends the muzzle enough so that when I grab the end of the foregrip the bullets exit beyond my fingers. The other items that stayed in place were the arm brace and the red dot. I've kept my cp33 fairly simple, small, and light; a rarity for me.

I just double checked it, the 3 lug extends the muzzle enough so that when I grab the very end of the fore end the side of my left pointing finger rests on the adapter and puts the muzzle approx' 1/2" beyond the finger. It might not work for everyone but I've been doing things like that for so long in competition that it's 2nd nature for me and I know where everything goes so that I don't shoot anything off. If you do it and shoot something off don't blame me. And I definitely wouldn't try it without extending the muzzle somewhat. Without that steel 3 lug in place I would definitely lose a finger and ruin at least one day. For competition, with other guns, I've also been known to add additional muzzle extenders to the 3 lug for even more insurance. But when going for a walk the 3 lug is bare.

3. Roderic Sisk

Roderic Sisk Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Thanks, and thanks for your thoughtful reply. My other rifle build have all been KeyMod so I’m only now dipping my feet in M-Lok and am not sure what’s out there. FOr instance, what’s the most amount of rail you can get in one slot? That sort of thing.

I know I DO want something out there on the end as I’ll most likely be handing this thing to my sons, and it even if the muzzle is covered I’m relatively sure it’ll eventually have a very hot suppressor on it.

Another tidbit I forgot to mention was that, I’d like to be able to use the irons after I mount an optic. Anyone have recommendations for a mount or optics that allows you to use the irons when the brace is collapsed?

Thanks again!

4. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    UTG makes an ultralight riser with most of the metal machined away. The only alum' remaining is what's required to get the job done. I have one on mine and when I look through the riser I can just use the open sights... just. No room to spare. If there was a higher front sight, therefore a higher adjusted rear sight, it would work much better. But again, my opens are usable but there's no room to spare and I wouldn't be trying to shoot a squirrels head at any distance with it.

Here's a link but It's not a suggestion to buy from Amazon. It probably comes in different heights but frankly the 1" works fine for me with straight line stocks.
    https://www.amazon.com/3-slot-Picat...51HNVJD4G13&psc=1&refRID=AACTZK5JT51HNVJD4G13

5. Roderic Sisk

Roderic Sisk Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Yeah, is it the width of the rear sight too? Maybe I’m crazy but it looks kind of wide. Was wondering if the Sig MSR mount might work.

Also, anyone tried the Phase 5 mini or micro hand stop? I think the mini takes up two slots, but again, I don’t have experience with M-Lok. Also contemplating the Strike hand stop kit, though obviously would probably only get one piece out of it.

6. Roderic Sisk

Roderic Sisk Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Here’s my build as it stands. I have an El Camino on back order, but this is how it will look until then. So, from muzzle to ***:

Tandemkross Gamechanger Pro
    Phase 5 Micro handstop
    Magpul rail covers (for thumb rest)
    SIG MSR green dot
    Tandemkross Magplate
    Farrow Tech Adapter
    Tailhook Mod 1

image.jpg

7. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    Cool! And the weight will still be very manageable for taking it on walks.