Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying the Kel-tecs are tougher than I am. I stopped shooting because I had a callous forming on my trigger finger (need to sand the -9 trigger) and a 2mm square chunk of skin torn up in the web between my thumb and hand. Yeah, I need to shoot more...

Anyway, I started with the PF-9. 50 rounds of Remington UMC went downrange and grouped mostly in 3" at 5 yards, with a couple few flyers at 4-5". 100% reliable.

Next I put up a new target, rolled it out 3 yards, and proceeded to put 7 rounds of Corbon DPX into ~2.5" from the new blue/HC P3AT. Followed those up with 27 DoubleTap FMJ's, and I must say these kick harder than the Corbon. They grouped well, and I could feel my hand at this point.

Next up was a box of 50 Federal AE thru the PF-9. 100% reliable, 'nuf said. This gun is a keeper!

I finished up with 19 Remington UMC thru the P3AT. Perfectly reliable, but since my hand was starting to throb, and was shaking a tad when I hung the last target, decided to call it a day.

To date the PF-9 has eaten 100 CCI Blazer aluminum case, 84 Federal HST (standard pressure), 50 Federal AE and 50 Remington UMC without a hiccup.

For those that remember the P9/PF-9 drama thread I started some time back, I am planning to sell the Kahr... While it is more comfortable to shoot than the Kel-tec, it is not as comfortable to carry. Since I carry far more than I shoot.....

CN: 2 relatively new Kel-tecs 100% reliable, owner is a wimp.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Re: lil blue goes to range for the first time with

No Jocko, you can't have his Kahr.  
You've already got one.  :p

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

Sounds like a great range trip! I always wear a shooting glove when I'm going to be doing any extended shooting. KT, SIG, 1911, ANY gun.

Just like I wear double ear protection and a hat and shooting glasses, too.

:)

But your KTs sound awesome, bro!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I went back today, taking 31 rounds of UMC FMJ for the P3AT along with a relatively new $1000 pistol, which managed to squeeze off 5 rounds before failing (I suspect mainspring, it is already FedExed back to the manufacturer).

Not wanting to waste the range trip, I buy a box of Federal AE .380acp at the range; $17.25 + tax (ouch!). Anyway, this is the target they went through. Gun was again 100% reliable.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

98_1LE said:
I went back today, taking 31 rounds of UMC FMJ for the P3AT along with a relatively new $1000 pistol, which managed to squeeze off 5 rounds before failing (I suspect mainspring, it is already FedExed back to the manufacturer).

Not wanting to waste the range trip, I buy a box of Federal AE .380acp at the range; $17.25 + tax (ouch!). Anyway, this is the target they went through. Gun was again 100% reliable.

Oh my GOD you mean a $1000 gun had problems out of box??? I thought only cheap kel-tec's have problems. ::)

Dan

PS thanks for the good report

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.