lil blue goes to range for the first time with PF9

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 98_1LE, Nov 12, 2007.

1. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Let me start by saying the Kel-tecs are tougher than I am. I stopped shooting because I had a callous forming on my trigger finger (need to sand the -9 trigger) and a 2mm square chunk of skin torn up in the web between my thumb and hand. Yeah, I need to shoot more...

Anyway, I started with the PF-9. 50 rounds of Remington UMC went downrange and grouped mostly in 3" at 5 yards, with a couple few flyers at 4-5". 100% reliable.

Next I put up a new target, rolled it out 3 yards, and proceeded to put 7 rounds of Corbon DPX into ~2.5" from the new blue/HC P3AT. Followed those up with 27 DoubleTap FMJ's, and I must say these kick harder than the Corbon. They grouped well, and I could feel my hand at this point.

Next up was a box of 50 Federal AE thru the PF-9. 100% reliable, 'nuf said. This gun is a keeper!

I finished up with 19 Remington UMC thru the P3AT. Perfectly reliable, but since my hand was starting to throb, and was shaking a tad when I hung the last target, decided to call it a day.

To date the PF-9 has eaten 100 CCI Blazer aluminum case, 84 Federal HST (standard pressure), 50 Federal AE and 50 Remington UMC without a hiccup.

For those that remember the P9/PF-9 drama thread I started some time back, I am planning to sell the Kahr... While it is more comfortable to shoot than the Kel-tec, it is not as comfortable to carry. Since I carry far more than I shoot.....

CN: 2 relatively new Kel-tecs 100% reliable, owner is a wimp.

2. jocko

jocko Guest

Re: lil blue goes to range for the first time with

98 ILE pm sent.

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

No Jocko, you can't have his Kahr.  
    You've already got one.  :p

4. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006

Sounds like a great range trip! I always wear a shooting glove when I'm going to be doing any extended shooting. KT, SIG, 1911, ANY gun.

Just like I wear double ear protection and a hat and shooting glasses, too.

:)

But your KTs sound awesome, bro!

5. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005

I went back today, taking 31 rounds of UMC FMJ for the P3AT along with a relatively new $1000 pistol, which managed to squeeze off 5 rounds before failing (I suspect mainspring, it is already FedExed back to the manufacturer).

Not wanting to waste the range trip, I buy a box of Federal AE .380acp at the range; $17.25 + tax (ouch!). Anyway, this is the target they went through. Gun was again 100% reliable.

[​IMG]

6. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005

Oh my GOD you mean a $1000 gun had problems out of box??? I thought only cheap kel-tec's have problems. ::)

Dan

PS thanks for the good report

7. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006

That's what I call hitting COM.............

Nice shooting.

wyo-man