Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a New Kel-Tec 9mm Sub 2000 Gen 1

I am wanting to Buy a Lightweight relatively inexpensive Laser to put on the rifle for use in a home defense scenario.

Wanting something that is easily accessible and will hold up to the blowback action of the rifle.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hmmmm, I was going to suggest the TruGlo TruPoint light/laser combo. I have 2 of them, one on a 12 gauge and they work nicely. BUT, it's been discontinued. Maybe you can find one on a dealers shelf?

FWIW, you always want some sort of light combined with the laser. I use a cross slung 2nd light , but also have my light/laser switched to use both as a last second target check. Remember, when the light is pointed at a perp so is the gun, hence the 2nd slung light that I use for ambient light so as not to point the firearm at a friendly. Too, a laser is the pits for seeing what's going on and knowing where on the target the bullet will hit. The Laser needs to be placed "in context" on the target. Too, get a green laser, they are much easier to see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm, I was going to suggest the TruGlo TruPoint light/laser combo. I have 2 of them, one on a 12 gauge and they work nicely. BUT, it's been discontinued. Maybe you can find one on a dealers shelf?

FWIW, you always want some sort of light combined with the laser. I use a cross slung 2nd light , but also have my light/laser switched to use both as a last second target check. Remember, when the light is pointed at a perp so is the gun, hence the 2nd slung light that I use for ambient light so as not to point the firearm at a friendly. Too, a laser is the pits for seeing what's going on and knowing where on the target the bullet will hit. The Laser needs to be placed "in context" on the target. Too, get a green laser, they are much easier to see.
I should have included in my question that I already have several Streamlight Pro-Tac 1 Rail Mount Lights, so I am just Basically looking for a laser.
They come with a Pressure switch, but I just mount it where I can push the button on the tail end of the light.
I have one on a Mossberg Shockwave that has the factory Mounted Crimson trace laser saddle ,although I would have like the green Laser it has the Red Laser that I have found that Is very visible In the House even if the lights are on and it is daylight .And for the Light I put a weaver rail on top of the laser and then mounted the Light on top of it so the push button is right in front of the safety.

I will look up the TruGlo TruPoint light Laser combo though.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You might find old stock on them.

I always suggest that if someone has a red dot sight to go with a green laser for another reason as well. One can look through the sighted in sight and move the laser to sight it in. If they're different colors it's obvious which one is the laser.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
You might find old stock on them.

I always suggest that if someone has a red dot sight to go with a green laser for another reason as well. One can look through the sighted in sight and move the laser to sight it in. If they're different colors it's obvious which one is the laser.
There is another reason. A lot of red dot sights have a coating such that it blocks red light going out through the front of the lens. That way the other guy on the business end of the weapon cannot see your red light, but you can. That means a red laser is gonna be hella hard to see looking through the red dot sight. Green laser is VERY visible. This it through personal experience with a Holosun, perhaps other brands may act differently.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts