LightningWear belt pack holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by FBtool, Jul 6, 2009.

1. FBtool

FBtool New Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I tried several (4) well known holsters for front pocket carry, but after a while I always got tired of my pants slipping down and not being able to use my pocket for change etc. I saw this Leather Belt Pack Holster on ebay and decided to take a chance on it. Wow I love this thing! It fits my p3at with CT lazer perfectly. When I'm going into a place I can't carry I just unclip from my belt and leave it in the truck, noone knows your pistol is inside so you don't have to worry when carrying it anywhere. If you think you might be in danger just un zip the zipper and it's ready even faster draw than getting it out of your pocket. I like carrying this way the best. If you are thinking about something like this style holster you won't be dissapointed. Even holds my Motorola cell phone or my ipod i touch in the front pouch or an extra clip. I'm not connected to seller in any way-I just wanted to share info on this great holster!
    FB :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120441980984

2. p3atnewb

p3atnewb New Member

May 25, 2009
    seems too bulky IMO... the whole point of the p3at is its thinness, and that pack triples it. to each his own, but i'm content to sacrifice my change to the other pocket... YMMV

3. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    seems like it would be harder to draw that gun than to get the cell phone ..iF you dont mind that bulk maybe a fanny pack ??alot faster to draw from..the other thing is once there around a while they will scream gun the way fanny packs do..but to each his own..think i`ll stay with my IWB carry method..

4. kitsap_charly

kitsap_charly New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    If you look around some jeans have watch pockets that will hold a P-3AT quite nicely...tipped on its top like a canted belt holster. Much faster than a pocket holster or any disguised belt holster. I've carried one this way for years and recommend it above all. Works even in the cut-off versions made for summer. :)

5. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
  6. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    FBTool: Does this holster work with the pinky finger mag extension installed?

7. JB

JB Guest

I would think that a cheap belt-carried camera case from Wally World would work just about as well and would say 'camera'. I'm not crazy about pocket carry of a primary, either - too slow and cumbersome to draw (for me.) If my P3AT is acting as BUG, I carry it in my offhand pocket. If it is acting as primary, I usually carry it OWB in a FOBUS paddle holster. Much more comfortable and less bulky than a belt case or fanny pack and totally concealed (with my build) even under a thin T-shirt. Heck, with a long enough shirt even my P11 can disappear in a FOBUS (again, with my build.) I do still pocket carry the P3AT on rare occasions when it is the primary (depending upon the situation, etc.)

8. phil_evans

phil_evans New Member

Nov 3, 2006
    austin tx
    i agree - thin ness is appropriate
    its the paramount decision maker .
    it's why i compared several mouse guns.
    for carry- the thinner the better,.
    length or height is not so important in everyday modern pockets.

9. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    I guess if you were to consider it a modern version of a flap holster it could be used where open carry is alloyed and concealed carry is not.

10. 00buckshot

00buckshot New Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Pocket holsters are too inconveinent.  Back pocket, front pocket, no diff.  I like the belt clip part, but the gun has a clip already, and that's hard to beat.  I'll still look at alternatives, so keep them coming!!

11. Hikerman

Hikerman Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I carry my P3at no holster, right front pocket.....a little annoying but after an hour or so you get used to it. I have a belt holster with extra magazine for open carry, but most of the time its in my pocket.

12. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia
    I carry mine in my right front pocket all the time. I don't wear any thing including gym shorts that doesn't have front pockets. Mine also has the belt clip attached so I can wear it that way but the clip also qualifies as a holster for when its in the pocket (I think if not I plan to say I had it clipped to the belt anyway, who will know beside me).