Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am a new member I hope that I am not going over old ground. I picked up a used 1gen P3AT from a local gunsmith (Tucson). At first I had no problems, in fact the accuracy of this little gun was amazing. However, as I went on I began to get light strikes. There was a definite mark on the primer but a failure to fire. I fired about 5o rounds and had this happen first once per magazine and eventuall every round in the magazine failed to fire. I have been polishing and doing the pencil test (about 3 inches past the muzzle). Anyone got any suggestions? I am handy and do most of my own repairs.
Thanks for you help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. The ammo that I was using was range reloads. I have since purchased three different brands to try out. I think that the problem may be that I didn't let the trigger go all the way back. The range is on my schedule for later in the week and I'll try tall your suggestions.
If I still have problems I'll take a shot at replacing the springs as suggested.
Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.