Walther CO2 .177
upload_2019-11-14_12-29-2.png

Seneca Sumatra 2500 PCP .22, .25
upload_2019-11-14_12-33-33.png

Hatsan Vectis PCP .177, .22, .25
upload_2019-11-14_12-36-2.png

Seneca Eagle Claw Carbine PCP .22, .25
upload_2019-11-14_12-43-3.png

The hunting lever rifle options were kind of limited for a few years with the Sumatra being the top of its class but very expensive. But prices are falling.
The latest offering, Seneca Eagle Claw, is a lot of the latest tech in a package under $500 and is getting excellent reviews. Squirrels...

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
I picked up an old used Daisy lever-action the other day for cheap. Interesting one, though, as it's not the usual Red Ryder affair, but it's set up like a replica of a real-deal pew-pew. Even has a loading gate on the side that you use for loading BB's. Bought it from the LGS that said it was a "non-firing" one, only intended to use it as a wall-hanger (to go with my decommissioned Chinese Mosin-Nagant and replica trapdoor rifle), but got it home, oiled it, worked the action a bit, and voila! It flings BB's as good as anything. Nothing near as nice or fancy as what ya' got above, but still... :)

Looks just like this one:

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to moisturize the piston seal with a few drops of pelgun oil down the barrel, give it time to reach the piston and absorb. A vintage BB gun may have had leather seals. Need to chrono that.
And just for clarification, I don't own any of those air rifles, Im just making the point that there is more lever rifle variety lately, especially for the small game hunters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts